WW At Home Support Jan 11-17 Good Intentions

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Well another week has gone by and as usual I am always excited to start another week.

wi is was disappointing but not unexpected a gain of .5 as I looked back on my food journal and started adding points up for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack over the past few months I am seeing a definite pattern of too much snacking and not enough meal planning. so with that said...

I need to re-evaluate my eating patterns and hoping you all can give me some suggestions, just anything that might pop into your head. I know one big point getter for me was drinking wine. that was the biggest contributor. Even though I never went over my points for the week (as a matter of fact I was still under by 8) I still had the gain which I am sure wine was a factor....that aside

I need to find a better balance soo...help LOL
  • I'm right there w/ you Nancy. I WI every day to kind of check in w/ myself but I only record on Saturdays. Saturday's being my "official" WI day, I was up .8. So annoyed.

I did have one not so on plan day, but I really wasn't that bad........if I knew I was going to gain this week anyway, trust me I would've been a lot worse!

So looks like we are in the same boat lady! I also know that my food balance was off........too carb heavy & too snacky. Also I've been awful about getting my H2O in which is totally unlike me. I usually drink a ton of water so I don't know what that's about.

I haven't been getting my veggies in AT ALL. I have tons of produce in my fridge that is going bad. Which disappoints me on so many levels....health & financially.

& exercise? What's that? That is a must do this week!

Nancy - on a post from last week you mentioned that you hadn't gotten any exercise in last week. Do you want to make a pact w/ me to exercise tomorrow?
  • OK Jill you are on -- pinky promise and all-- I will exercise tomorrow..one day at a time. And I will up the ante..I will get all my veggies in with water!...we can do one day...after all it is one day at a time
  • Nancy- I'm sorry for your gain. Do you all do mini challnges? Maybe that could be one for this group. I also need to start back with my planning.

Jill- I'm sorry for your gain also. Let me in on that pinky pact!!

Well as for me, I missed a few days of exercise also. From not planning my menus, & missing journaling I crashed. I managed to lose 1.6 this week, but I honestly don't know how with the amount of overeating I did. My goal, is to plan, write and move for the upcoming week.

PS, Sorry I go missing around the weekend. DH is off on the weekeneds and sometimes complain about how much time I spend online. *rolling eyes*
  • Hey everyone!

Well, here I am back again. I am doing ok - .2 lb loss for the week, but I could have done better! The weekend really got to me - I think I'm going to switch my SHD to Saturday - that should help me a lot.

Has anyone ever done a food detox? I am really interested in this, but want to remain healthy while I do it. I think I may do a heavy on the veggie diet for a week to help cleanse out the junk that I have been eating. What do you guys think?

Well, I'm off to work today - hope to check in later.
  • Texas...- I've been considering something similiar. I've gotten mixed reports from a few people that did so I'm just undecided right now.

nancy- totally off topic, but does your screen name read *nancylmm* or *nancyl m r n*. with my glasses off it, i thought it was lmm. i think its time for a new prescription.
  • Hi Guys!
    I am SOOOO sick! I haven't eaten much this weekend which is probably why this weeks weight loss was 5 pounds. I wish I could be more excited but I just to miserable. I have no appetite, I am coughing till I vomit, and I ache all over. I slept for 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday night.

Hopefully things will statrt getting better soon.
    Michelle
  • Hi ladies.. Im new here and just wanted to say I really enjoy reading your post. I started WW again as of last Monday. I really need to stick with it this time I know it works it's just making myself do it. I did have a 2 Ib weight loss this week! I exercised 4 days last week and plan on exercising at least 5 days this week. I know we can all do this!
  • Hey everyone. Not doing too hot, though I did lose those several lbs. I think I'm at about 174 still. Need to "officially" weigh in. I have been eating way too much the last few days and I quit counting my points by like noon. Not today, though! I am going to be good!

Nancy, it seems like wine is your continuing challenge. Have you ever thought about just not drinking ANY? At least while you're trying so hard to lose? Or is it one of those things you'd rather not sacrifice? I know it's hard for me when I don't have any sugar for weeks (or months) at a time, but it definitely helps. I'm really curious if that's a possibility. I don't drink, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing out on, but it seems like it would be a huge boost for you! I often wish I didn't have to eat at ALL (like if we could really get all our nutrients from pills if we needed...hehe) - it's having to eat and make healthy choices and use moderation that I don't do so well at...

Off to actually exercise!
  • I call your raise Nancy! I’ll get veggies & water in today to as well as exercise. It’s gonna be a good day y’all!

Join our pact Blue! We could most definitely consider it a mini-challenge. Winner gets to lose weight! I go missing on the weekend too, when DF is home. It’s our time. But he’s a Steelers fan so I got a couple of hours to spend online last night while he watched the game & yelled his head off for 3 hours.

I had celery & carrots as a before bed snack last night instead of my usually salty snack of pretzels or baked lays. I also got all my water in. I was down 2 lbs this morning! Yay!

I packed the same snack for work today, it will replace my mid-afternoon carb attack. I also plan to have a chicken Caesar for dinner tonight.

All that & the mixed fruit I packed will most definitely get all my fruits & veggies in for the day.

I will put the chicken in the oven w/ some spices & olive oil as soon as I get home & do my exercise DVD while it is cooking.

Have my 32 oz cup on my desk right now filled w/ H2O. That +1 refill will meet my water requirements. I just need to put the coffee cup down & get at it. I was tired this morning……didn’t sleep so well last night.

I definitely have a plan to be successful today. Now I just have to stick to it!

Tex – I did a food detox when I joined LAWL last January. Only whole foods, nothing processed, no salt, sugar, etc. It was brutal. But it was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself & has changed the way I eat & think about food forever. Also, holy energy! It was like I was on crack……I couldn’t sit still for longer than 5 minutes. My house has never been so clean & organized. It’s that level of energy I strive for every day & it drives my food choices to be more whole & natural…..mostly what WW calls filling foods. Good stuff.

Michelle – awwwww………so sorry you are sick. Take care of you. Have some chicken noodle soup & go back to bed. Have you been to the dr? At least they could give you some good cough medicine. I feel your pain. I’m just getting over it. Sucks.

Welcome Butterfly!

Sara – totally hear you about wishing we didn’t have to eat at all. I tell my DF all the time that food addictions are the worst b/c it’s not like we can just go to rehab or something & then never eat again. We have to figure out how to eat. I recently quit smoking & that was way easier than dieting has ever been……..not that quitting smoking was easy, but you know what I mean. Where are you in Iowa? Like all this snow we’re getting?

I’ve been on plan for quite a few days now & I feel so good & motivated! Woo hoo!

Here’s to a good week ladies!
  • OK chickies
    bluemommy yes my screen name in nancyl mrn all one work not spread out so your eyes are fine LOL

texs I have never done a detox diet so I won't be much help to you there but try on the thread on - does it work - or something like that

chelly I am so sorry you still feel bad, would it help to see the Dr.? 5 pounds would have me jumping up and down but not the way you are losing it

butter welcome aboad always glad to see a new chickie jumping in!

ctrsara, yes wine is a tough thing for me to give up, it is more a culture thing but you have a good point about giving it it. I don't seem to have a half way. So today there will be no more wine in the house at least not during the week maybe a bit with my sunday dinners and I will see if that helps.
    But since I started ww I have tracked my alcohol intake too along with my food and found that weeks I have gone without did not make really any difference in my weight loss it is strange soemtimes it affects me sometimes not....sometimes I lose when I exercise sometimes not....sometimes I lose when I don't exercise. I even add up the points I eat each week to see which weeks/pts I tend to lose at. It looks like if I keep my points between 145-155 is when I will see a small loss. With my wieght and flex I should be able to eat 175 for the week and on the wendie plan I eat 165...so I am confused to say the least.

ok I am off the complaint box now and am ready to jump on my exercise wagon tonight when I get in from work
  • Well, I'm newer to the boards, but I did lose 60 pounds on WW. I can say that you really must eat all your points. I limit myself to one 4 oz glass of wine a couple times a week. I might have two glasses one night but I'm very careful to measure.

The only advice that worked for me other than that was to "not drink your calories" in the form of soda, juice, etc. I am trying very hard to drink only water.
  • Jill just hopped on here for a minute at work LOL saw your post..I am 1/2 way through my second 32 oz'er plus two cups of tea, glad the bathroom is just down the hall. I only need three more veggies and one oil for the day and I will have met the required nutrion...Looks like dinner will take care of that

Tonight I have a date with 'the firm' and I am sure 'the firm' will be talking to me tomorrow
  • Thin I am adopting your views on wine and am going to limit myself to just a glass or two on weekends I am sure that is one thing that keeps me stalled at this weight
  • Well Jill I am still missing 1 veggie but did get all the rest in today plus 60 min of exercise 40 high and 20 med range. I feel good now will my legs thank me in the morning?

And while I was working out I got to thinking about my past weeks and exercise so I went to my trusty spreadsheet that I keep how many points i eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the week, plus my activity points...so my frustration is this...not counting the two weeks of christmas & new year holiday. I worked out for an avg of 20 pts per week for 5 weeks and lost a mere 2.5 pounds for the whole period. I avg. 147 pts per week if I subtract my activity pts from the points I ate..so why was I not losing more? Eating to little?

So my scratch my head answer..dunno LOL maybe one of you long timers know