UGH! Old scale was off!

• I knew my old scale was off by some, how much I wasn't sure. I bought a new digital scale tonight (the other was a dial) and it reads 4lbs more! I like the scale... and I think it's right ... but this sucks!

• Switching scales is terrible! But at least you can feel confident about this one, and hopefully won't have to switch scales again. Plus, how you feel and how your clothes fit is a much better indicator of progress than the scale, anyway.
  • LOL - that happened to me too (mine was a 5 lb. difference). I just adjusted my software and ticker (since I obviously started 5 lbs higher) and continued on my way. And - it IS nice to have a digital scale - much harder to step on "just right" to get a lower number
  • Adjust your starting weight. Your weight loss will be the same.
  • I know, it sucks. But, the good news is that you'll still have taken off 1 pound.
  • Thanks everyone, I adjusted my numbers. Still sucks to be heavier than previously thought.
  • but you'll lose those 5 befor eyou know it and then think how good you'll feel!
  • Quote: but you'll lose those 5 befor eyou know it and then think how good you'll feel!
    You're right. I'm already feeling better about it. With the new scale my start weight was 190, I WI this AM at 187.6.