Help or I'll explode....:)

• Kidding, I won't explode but I sure feel frazzled.

I am going to ask a question that has been addressed a billion times. I am such a dumb bunny I feel like I still don't 'get it'.

I've researched the answers on this site along with other sites. I am still confused.

Okay, here it is...the dreaded.....are you ready...drum roll please....the question is....

How many fricken points for microwave popcorn!

Here's the facts:
    Brand: Orville Redenbacher's SMART POP 94% Fat Free. 2.9 ounce bag

Nutrition:
    3TBSP unpopped = 120 calories OR 1 Cup popped 15 calories
    Fat: 2 grams
    Fiber: 4 grams Per serving
    Approx. 2 servings per bag

This is what I get when I use my WW slider thingy:
    Using the 3 TBSP I arrive at 2 points
    Using the 1 Cup Popped I arrive at ZERO points

HELP HELP HELP

Please someone with a kind heart explain AND give me the points for the whole bag of popcorn

Thank you so much!
    dumb bunny
  • Explode from eating too much popcorn? Omgoodness I totally understand your frustration!

5 cups of 94% FF popcorn is 1 point. (Coming directly from the WW website.) So as annoying as this is, measure the popcorn once it is popped. If it's about 5 cups, it's 1 point. If it's a full bag & is 10 cups, 2 points.

You'll only have to do it once. Then you know the points for the bag you eat from then on!
  • 5 cups of 94% ff popcorn is 1 point! Isn't that lovely?!

(FYI- 3 cups of light is 1 point, 3 cups of regular is 3 points, and 3 cups of movie theater popcorn without butter is 3 points!)

...I love this new Momentum Pocket Guide!
  • Thank you for the information.

I am truly amazed how many different point values I found. Same popcorn, same amount etc. and the point values ran the gamut.

I just want an easy answer. Who knew popcorn was so mysterious.

I will trust the WW site for the point amount, thank you for that.

gail
  • Oh poo

One more comment if you don't mind.

I re-calculated and it's looks to be 2 pts per serving, 2 servings per bag.

So to be fair to myself I will from this day forward...in sickness and health...Count 4pts for a bag of Orville Redenbacher's 94% FF popcorn.

Grrrr
  • I buy the 94 percent fat free 100 calorie mini bags of popcorn! Wow long name! They're only one point, and I put it into one of those glass pyrex bowls so it looks like even more, and its only one point.
  • oh popcorn........you tricky little

Here's one.....how do you pop those mini bags w/out burning them? I went through 2 freakin' bags trying to get it right the other night & ended up throwing them both away b/c I burned them.
  • Hrm. I've never burned them... I just do as the bag says and pay attention to the "pops". I do admit that I tend to stop them a little early only so that they don't burn.

I have heard that the "trick" is to keep the 94% FF popcorn bags in the fridge. It helps keep them from burning in the microwave.
  • Thanks!