excerise?

• Would anyone like to be in an excerise challenge with me?
    This is just my 3rd week so I haven't received my little slidie thing from WW. How does the slidie thing work? ie.. if I walk 45 minutes do I get any points?
    Not only am I over weigh.. but very much out of shape. And lazy beyond belief! My 2 year old daughter sucks the energy right out of me!!
    Plus.. I want to earn points

What kind of exerise do we all do now?

I am just walking with the stroller. The weather has been too nasty here to do it on a daily basis.. it's 42 degrees out right now! and it's supposed to rain - yet again. I just go out when the weather is nice.

My goal is a nice long walk (which at this point is only about a mile) 3 times a week.

I need to round out my program and exercise will help!

Dana
    235/227/212 10% mini goal
  • Hello!

I have a love/hate relationship with exercise right now. I don't really enjoy the "in the gym" kind, but I also recognize that unless I purposely make an appointment with myself at the gym I don't end up exercising 'cause I never quite get to it.

But lately, I've been dragging my family out into the mountains around our home for hikes. Our hikes are usually 3 to 6 miles, usually with moderate to steep elevation changes. I forgot sunscreen this week and have a wicked burn on both shoulders, my neck and my arms -- so no more until next week when I'm healed ... but this is my favorite kind o' exercise!

When I'm at the gym I use the elliptical trainer 'cause I enjoy that the most of the things there. I also periodically whip out the aerobic videos at home -- but mostly not 'cause I've grown to despise them. They're a desperation move these days! LOL!
  • Hi Slimdown!

If I use my slidey thingy to estimate what you get for a 45min walk, at 227lbs, like your profile says, here is what you get.

High intensity walk = 8 points
    Moderate walk =3 points
    Light walk=2 points

According to the back of the thingy, it says:

High = Activities that make you sweat. Examples include jogging, running, competitive swimming, or biking.

Moderate= Activities that probably make you sweat. Examples include walking at a fast pace or biking.

Light= Light activities that do not make you sweat. Examples include stretching or walking at a leisurely pace.

Hope this helps you!

Debbie
  • Thanks Debbie!

I got my little exercise slidie thing at WW on Monday and I love it! I love gained those extra points.

For the first time ever on Tuesday I mowed the lawn - usually dh does it - I got 3 bonus points!!!

Dana
  • It IS handy
    I love that it makes you think "OK, if I want this extra treat, I have to EARN it." Really makes you focus on getting that exercise in!

Debbie
  • what kind of exercise do you do Debbie?
    so far I'm just walking. I'm hoping to buy a bike this spring.. it's been 17 yeas since I've been on a bike! yikes!!
  • I love the exercise thingy too. Even three hours of gardening, which I categorize as "light" uses up about 8 points at my weight. To me, this is incredible.
    The days I go to the pool and just paddle around for an hour is worth 2 points. If I do the bike thing for 10 minutes before the pool, and work up a sweat, that gives me a couple more points. It's a really good learning tool which, for the first time in my very exercise-resistant life, is helping me realize the benefits of exercise.
  • Linda.. do you use the exercise points? I'm afraid too.. I know it sounds strange. But I have been afraid to even use banked points. I feel like I'm cheating if I go over my points range.

I am feeling really stressed today. I think this might be my problem... I am really having the urge to eat.. something.. like chocolate (yes, it's TOM - and this might be it) I also have the urge for licorce.. and not just the "serving size" of 3. I won't eat the whole bag. but I want like 6 or 7..

Does anyone else feel crazy like me?
    I just don't want to "blow it"

Dana

- thanks for letting me yak!

ps.. Linda thanks for the idea of gardening.. I never would have counted that as exercise.. but I guess it is! Now.. if it would just get in the 60's around here.. it's cold! My heat is still on!!!
  • HI!!! I know exactly how you feel. I have been having a tough time exercising lately. I had been doing TAE BO and it was working wonders, but I just slacked off and now am not doing it at all. I too have young child. My son is nine months old, and I know its hard to find the energy to do it. GOOD LUCK!!!