Targeted Ketogenic Diet (TKD) anyone?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • You should be more positive!
    Quote: OK....I am really just ticked off. I have had a BAD day. I went WAYYYYY off plan today. It hardly ever happens to me but I am human. I didn't eat any refined carbs or sugar but I didn't go out for my run before the snow started and I ate so many natural carbs that I'm completely out of ketosis now. I know my problem is not WHAT I eat but how much. Here's a breakdown of what I ate today. I am NOT happy with it:

B: 1 green smoothie (kale, apples, grapes and carrots fresh from my juicer)
    1/2 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (I had a sore throat and DH is sick so I was trying to pump myself full of vitamin C)
    cup coffee with cream and Stevia

Snack: finished off 1/2 bowl of sugar free pistachio pudding (tsk, tsk!)
    1 mozarella stick
    1 apple

Lunch: lean pastrami & swiss on a 2g net carb/50 calorie wrap
    bowl of grapes
    15 cashews

Dinner: 4 oz mahi mahi - baked w/ lemon and olive oil
    1/2 cup brocolli steamed
    1/4 cup of basmati wild rice

snack: 2 oz pumpkin seeds
    1 cup SF jello
    3 pieces SF coconut candy

LOTS of water ...7 bottles and about 6 cups of decaf herbal tea.

See...its not what I eat but how much. My DH says its my snacking that's killing me and he's so right but I FEEL so hungry. I wonder if it's all mental?

I NEVER had a weight problem and being a size 10/12 misses most people would say I don't but I'm at the higher end of the BMI range and I have a LOT of cellulite on my thighs and have always been the heaviest in my thighs. My upper body and stomach are in great shape.

Sorry...I just needed to vent. Maybe I should try a protein shake. What kind do you use?
    Sounds to me u had agood healthy day of eating ..some days we crave more because our bodies need it i cant even see why your worried keep your chin up.and dont think about stuff like the cellulite on your thighs we all got it(except VS models)thats just going to drive you crazy its not like you went through mcdonalds drive through and supersized it! Your gonna do way better at weight loss with giving yourself more positive feeedback
  • Google
    Quote: Hi , I have decided to give keto diet a try, I am 16 stone and due to get married in 7 months so would really like to shift some unwanted weight ! .. and make it a full lifestyle change . What I'd like to know is ideas for breakfast , dinners teas, etc - also I'm not sure on fat ,protein, carb grams I should be having etc ? Also does this diet make you feel weak or dizzy as I sometimes have had dizzy yucky spells when I have done past "diets" ? Starting tomorrow wish me luck 😜😌
    i just started 9 days ago and basically googled meal plans ,carbs ,fat .
    Also pinterest has tonnes of good recipes,meal plans
    Even fat bombs