OT: Our town has no water...

• I smelled something funny this morning when I was in the shower. When I was done I noticed my hair & skin felt gross...

A couple hours later I found out why..

Somehow, a BUNCH of diesel fuel got into our town's water supply.

They haven't said how it happened, but thats just weird.
    So I went to the store to stock up on drinking water (the gallons), and of course, everyplace in town is sold out...
  • OMG you bathed in diesel fuel?? Is your skin ok? Maybe you should call your doc to make sure it's alright? I would be seriously pi$$ed if that happened! Can you head to the next town for drinking water?
  • Yeah pretty much. Thats what I thought too, I was like EWWWWWW

My skin feels dry, but not much different than usual.. My hair feels really weird though.

I don't think its enough to be rushing to the doctor about.. But I'm certainly not real thrilled about taking a shower tomorrow

The next town is 35 minutes away. I'm thinking about going tomorrow.

There apparently was a huge city meeting tonight about it, but I didn't know about it till after the fact, so hopefully they have a plan of action for getting it fixed ASAP.
  • Lalique, what are your local authorities doing? Your council, those kind of people. Because if the whole town's drinking water has been contaminated, then the whole town is basically not habitable. Have they arranged for water to be brought in, or are they looking at evacuating the town or something similar? Once something gets into the drinking water - especially something like diesel that, unlike bacteria, can't be killed by boiling the water - then it's going to take some time for it to be drinkable again.
  • Wow I hope they get it straightened out soon and I agree with junebug a doctor is pretty good idea.

Good luck and let us know what happens!