130 Grams of Carbs A Day ???

• Hi,
    I'm type 2 diabetic on humalin n and humalog to sliding scale.
    I've been way off of my diet and diabetes care for months. But I'm BACK..
    I had a nutritional appt the other day and CDE laid out a food plan that includes up to 130 grams of carbs a day.. I have a weird schedule, start work in late morning.. also had a heart attack recently so of course, low sodium, low fat, no sugar etc...so here's what she wants me to do:

45 gram meal by 10am
    20 grams by snack by 3pm
    45 grams meal by 6pm
    20 grams by snack by 10pm
    ---------
    130 grams....

It just seems like a lot of carbs to have a good weight loss...
    Any opinions out there ?
  • Assuming this plan takes into account carbs from all food sources--grains, fruits, veggies, dairy--and assuming you're only going to be eating whole grains, and assuming you're also going to be getting plenty of protein and healthy fats, I think the total number of carbs looks fine. I am eating 135-175 grams of carbs per day right now (from whole grains, dairy, fruits, and veggies--no sugar and no other white refined carbs), 100 grams of protein, 60-80 grams of fat, for about 1500 to 1800 calories per day. I am insulin resistant, pre-diabetic, and I am losing MORE than fine like this.
  • War Maiden is right. Just be sure the carbs are good carbs!
  • im eating around 130 grams of carbs a day my dietician told me that to have proper brain function most people out there need this amount!!!!! and again that comes from grains and fruits and so on , i find it quite healthy
  • I eat about 200g a day. Wow, I didn't know it was so much but I am still losing weight. All of the carbs I eat are good carbs and the majority come from fruits.