40 Something Bios

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Diana

Geographical location:midwest, USA

Marital Status:ecstatically, happily married since 1994 (yes, to the same man, hehee)

Children/Ages: 10,12,18

Pets: 2 cats, 1 recently rescued stray dog

Hobbies/Interests: photography, dancing, my children and husband

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 3, 2009

Goal Weight: 112 - 118 about a size 5 or so

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: boredom, mindless, and stress eating

Following any specific plan: Sonoma

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: health issues, doctor is pressuring me with threats of thyroid meds (ack!)
  • First name: Robin

Geographical location: Grayling, Michigan

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 1 son, 17

Pets: 1 Chocolate Lab (my boyfriends)

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Gardening, Reading, anything outside.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, Clairol

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/27/2009

Starting Weight: 200.5

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Huge Appetite

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Trying to get healthy as opposed to fitting into the little black dress (though that would be just fine with me too).

Anything else you would like to share with us: Glad to be here with people that are going through the same thing that I am.
  • What a fun place...Hi, I'm new
    First name: MJ

Geographical location: Oregon

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 21, 28

Pets: 2 mini-doxies, 2 birds

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/5/09

Starting Weight: 177

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: consistent exercise

Following any specific plan: work out every day, count calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've done it in the past, can do it again.
  • First name: Chartelle Verdugo

Geographical location: Oklahoma

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Kyle 22, Lucas 20 and Elias 6

Pets: A turtle

Hobbies/Interests: Back in school training for a new career. I love to read and be active. Hard to do when working full time, a family at home and taking classes. Right now I am on break :-)

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 7th, 2009

Starting Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 132 or size 6

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time to exercise-staying motivated.

Following any specific plan: "Crack the Fat Loss Code"

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Following a specific plan instead of just winging it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Being in school it is easy to put on weight. I actually gained 8 pounds in the first semester. This is not acceptable to me. I want to be trim and fit. My husband and I are doing this program together and so far so good.
  • Good Luck,
    I like your attitude. "Did it before and can do it again".

I with you about the exercise. Consistency is my challenge as well. Our family is getting a wii for Christmas and the wii fit plus. I don't want an excuse to not exercise because it is cold out.

Are you keeping a food journal?

Chartelle
  • First name: Marsha

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: boy - 5

Pets: none for now

Hobbies/Interests: playing with my son, reading, reality TV, walking, online forums, Wii Fit

Eye/Hair Color: blue/streaked

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/2/09

Starting Weight: 256

Present Weight: 239

Goal Weight: 156

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it for the long term.

Following any specific plan: Using FitDay to track calories and working on increasing my activity level. I initially started in November using Sensa ("the sprinkle diet") and while I stopped bothering to use it after just a week or so, somehow, it managed to jump start me. May try it again down the road, when the (inevitable) stall starts to happen.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Somehow, this time it clicked for me that this is not a "diet" - it's a way of life I will need to maintain forever in order to be as healthy and fit as I can be (and look better too!) Before, I always looked at dieting as temporary, and could stick with it for a while but always drifted off course. This time I am committing to changing my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to sharing support on our journeys!
  • First name: Sharon

Geographical location: Ohio

Children/Ages: girls ages 15 and 16.

Pets: 3 cats (outdoors), 1 dog (outdoors), 1 dwarf Holland Lopp (garage), 6,000 turkeys (raised under contract).

Hobbies/Interests: Quilting, reading, travel (although we go no where because of the turkeys).

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Ash brown now.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A lifetime ago. Needing to make a greater effort now at achieving weight loss firstly due to my health and secondly my employer is going to attach the BMI to how much our insurance deductible will be next year. This year they attached BP, cholesterol, FBS, and smoking to the deductible. I achieved all those parameters in the normal range and received a reduction. My BMI goal is going to be tougher to meet.

Starting Weight: 211

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom eating.

Following any specific plan: Less sugar and flour. Exercise daily, actually work up a sweat, and tracking my food on Fitday.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Financial incentive, it could save me $1,000 in insurance deductible.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • Here I Go!
    Hi! Just joined today and 40 something is fantabulous!

First name: Yvonne

Geographical location: Utah

Children/Ages: Twin girls/13

Pets: None (unless I can count my husband and children, HeHe!)

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Virtual games, Crafting, Drawing, Reading

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 4, 2010 (with hubby)

Starting Weight: around 165 (haven't weighed myself for a few weeks)

Goal Weight: 130-135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise! I need more!

Following any specific plan: South Beach diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Need to help my husband lose 50 pounds for his health to improve.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've become a "snacker" since I got married and started dealing with the stress of my husband's health issues.
  • First name: Marie

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: Married 21 yrs

Children/Ages: Two boys ages 10 & 14

Occupation: Just went back to work part-time at our local elementary school...in the cafeteria

Pets: Four dogs: one Springer Spaniel and three Pugs!

Hobbies/Interests: Crocheting, reading, learning to ride my scooter, Rv'ing

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/30/09

Starting Weight: 173

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Living with four males who can and do eat anything!!!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Momentum

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I joined a group that has support of other members. Not just myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Really excited to be doing this. It's been a long time since I did something "just for me". Also been a long time since I had the "gumption" to tell others this is not about them, but about me!
  • Determined in 2010!
    Hello everyone. Just want to introduce myself.
    First name: Jeanette

Geographical location: OH

Children/Ages: 6 - 3 of my own (7,7,11) and 3 step-children (10,16,19)

Pets: 2 Cats, 1 hamster, 1 recently departed and soon to be replaced hamster, 1 gecko

Hobbies/Interests: Outdoors (Walking/Hiking), Movies

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/2/2010

Starting Weight: 182 (my biggest non-pregnant weight ever!)

Goal Weight: 152

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional/Stress Eating

Following any specific plan: Counting calories on Excel spreadsheet - may also try Fitday.com

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realize that I need to exercise consistently and develop ways for dealing with stress other than eating as my top priorities. I'm 100% Committed to stop the yo-yo weight gain!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Kim

Geographical location: Michigan

Children/Ages: 22/20/20/19

Pets: Two Bichon Frises

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Sewing, Movies

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blu/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Age 9

Starting Weight: This time 172

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Self Defeating Behaviors and Chocololate

Following any specific plan: Metobolic Profiling System
  • First name: Natalie

Geographical location: Phoenix AZ

Marital Status: Married to an awesome guy

Children/Ages: 3 year old son, 4.5 year old daughter

Pets: 2 dogs, 1 parrot, 1 lovebird, 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: My family, hiking, kayaking, cooking, baking, crafts

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: on and off for three years, lost 20 lbs and since gained it back. Recommitted with the New Year, 2010.

Starting Weight: 170 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Skipping meals throughout the day because I am busy and then eating too much or the worst type of food and the dreaded night-time snacking. After the children are in bed, I become a crazy muncher. I think I do it as a "reward" for getting through another day in a crazy house with two lovely children under the age of 5.

Following any specific plan: Eating meals at appropriate times throughout the day, no eating after 7pm, working out regularly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am taking responsibility for my choices, good and bad. I am putting myself back on my priority list so I can be a healthier and better me, mom, wife and friend.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am thankful to find this support forum, I look forward to the journey with everyone.
  • First name: Annette

Geographical location: Pittsburgh PA

Marital Status: Married (second marriage)

Children/Ages: Son 17, Son 15, Daughter 15

Pets: One crazy 4 year old yellow lab

Hobbies/Interests: Kids' sports, cooking, singing, playing guitar, hanging with my hubby.

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel eyes with blonde (highlighted) hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/4/10

Starting Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husband works until 9:00 pm most nights and my kids are all very thin, with good metabolisms, and can eat anything they want. Also, I can't compare my weight loss to my husband's.

Following any specific plan: WW basics

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My husband is joining me this time. He has a completely different strategy and will probably lose faster than I do.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love life!
  • Hope everyone's holiday was great.

We just got a wii with wii fit plus. What a great way to exercise in this cold weather. It is easy, replaces your scale if you want to work out with the wii program. I started using it after the new year and am already seeing small results. I am sore for one thing. The best thing about it is my son, 6, and my husband can also use it and we can use it at the same time. We do have an advantage of having a long living room to be able to hold multipal participants.

I gained about 3 to 4 pounds over the holiday. Since I wasn't being program oriented I don't feel this is too bad. I am back on my program and am happy to be start again. A two week break was good but I sure can tell a difference since I changed my food again. Whew, happy to be back.

Take Care,
    Chartelle
  • First name: Kristin

Geographical location: Madison, WI

Marital Status: Married 14yrs

Children/Ages: Just the one I married...

Pets: Maggie, my 10 yr old pit bull, but don't tell her, she doesn't know....that she's old or a pit bull...

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Camping, Gardening, Fishing

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, dk brown hair when I get my hair colored otherwise dk brown and silver (sounds so much better than gray)....

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: First start March, 2008 Second start January 2010

Starting Weight: 209.9....ok, 210

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: laziness, I travel for work and eat out or eat on the road alot and I love Chardonnay more than broccoli.....

Following any specific plan: Good old calorie counting and increasing my activity level

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: When I turned 40 I joked that I was forty, fat and fabulous....I'd like to just be in my forties and fabulous....I also am having back pain/hip pain, etc that I never had before and I'd like to return to a more active lifestyle