40 Something Bios

You're on Page 18 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Teri

Geographical location: Iowa

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 girls, 2 boys. Ages 15, 12, 10, 7

Pets: 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 horse, lots of fish!

Hobbies/Interests: Travel, reading, socializing

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/1/11

Starting Weight:179

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: consistently eating the right thing

Following any specific plan: LAWL

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Determination

Anything else you would like to share with us: Was successful with LAWL in the past but gained it back! Starting over for real this time.
  • Starting over again
    First name: Fran
    Geographical location: Missouri

Children/Ages: 3 girls, ages 15, 13 and 13 (fraternal twins)

Pets: 1 cat, 1 dog,

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, cooking, internet-surfing, work, kid's activities, farm activities/chores, cake decorating, reading

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blondish-Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Age 8, and an on-going battle throughout my life

Starting Weight:200-ish

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mindless eating, choosing not to exercise, not prioritizing myself in a positive way

Following any specific plan: Not yet. I have used Weight Watchers most recently, but am open to suggestions.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Support and friendship from others would be sincerely appreciated.
  • Hi Fran!
    Welcome and good luck.....we all have to start somewhere right? Let me know how you are doing on your journey! Happy 4th. Teri
  • First name: Laurence (French female name)

Geographical location: Kerrville,TX

Marital Status:Married 23 years

Children/Ages: 19 y-o son

Pets: Old Lab named Rosie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading,movies,singing in chorale,hiking

Height:5'7''

Eye/Hair Color:Green/Brown/Grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:3-3-2011

Starting Weight:188

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning the right choices.

Following any specific plan:WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:First try.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Lost 28 lbs so far and became an American citizen in May this year.
  • First name:Ro

Geographical location: AZ

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 2 boys 15/18

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: I write Poetry & I ♥ music

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/2010 * restarted 7/25/2011

Starting Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control & Sugar

Following any specific plan: BFC

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Made several life style canges I hv stuck with already.

Anything else you would like to share with us: new to this site started last night
  • Here i go again
    First name:Gayle

Geographical location: Branson, MO

Marital Status: Seperated

Children/Ages:1girl/25 1boy/21 and 1 granson/3

Pets: 2 horses / 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: horses/outdoors

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: july, 2011

Starting Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: adjusting to working swing shift

Following any specific plan: not at this time

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing this for me this time and not to make others happy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I know this is going to be difficult, noone in my family is real overwieight like i am and do not understand how i feel or what i struggle with daily.
  • First name: Jamie

Geographical location: Wyoming

Marital Status: long term relationship

Children/Ages: Daugher, 15 1/2 and Son, 13

Pets: Cubby (American Eskimo Dog) Jackson (Pomerianian/Chihuahua)

Hobbies/Interests: Football, motorcycling, camping, my kid's sports (hockey and soccer, relatively to description above)

Height: 5' 3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/various :-)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 8, 2011

Starting Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Maintenance. This part seems fairly easy so far, I'm starting week 4.

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protien

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: the diet is vastly more restrictive but somehow it seems much easier to stick to.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've lost 20lbs so far! WOO HOOOO. I've done every diet known to man and this is the only one that really got me past losing about 15 pounds.
  • First name: Holly

Geographical location: O-H-I-O

Marital Status: divorced, dating

Children/Ages: Daughter 14

Pets: 3 cats: Skippy, Princess (they are siblings) and Jack Bauer

Hobbies/Interests: sewing, reading, TV, football, swimming, cooking,

Height: 5' 4 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: constantly starting but for now let's say August 2, 2011

Starting Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Snacking, eating healthy and not eating late at night

Following any specific plan: Diet and exercise; the old fashion diet plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm very sad about my appearance and hope I can stick with it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope I can get back to the onederland and stay there!
  • Hi everyone!!

First name: Tracey

Geographical location: San Antonio, TX

Marital Status: divorced...but found the man I've been looking for!

Children/Ages: Boy/5 Girls/6,13,23,25,27

Pets: none currently

Hobbies/Interests:Not much time in my life for hobbies...but when I do have some time I enjoy online auctions, reading, cooking, jigsaw puzzles, weight lifting.

Height: 5' 10"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss : July 5th

Starting Weight: 183

Goal Weight:140-150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Hmmm, finding the time to exercise!

Following any specific plan: I've done Atkins & WW. Both successfully....just slipped back into poor eating habits. Currently I have chosen to count calories, I'm liking it & it seems to be working for me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have found with age my weightloss just isn't as quick. Granted, I work nights now and have for almost 4 years, my activity level isn't what it used to be either sooooo...with that combo I have gained 40 lbs!! Sticking to it this time & making it a way of life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just want to feel like me again...I want to be able to enjoy life with my kids and not avoid activities because "OMG I have to wear a swim suit or shorts!!!" After-all I do live in
    south Texas and it's crazy hot....
  • First name: Lynne

Geographical location: South Dakota

Marital Status: Marital

Children/Ages: Rachel-26, Jonathon-24, Kelsey-21

Pets: Maxine (german shorthair pointer)

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, canning, sewing, quilting, boating, traveling

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 17, 2011

Starting Weight: 206

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating chips, exercising

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing it strictly, for ME.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I welcome anyone who could be of support on my journey to a healthy lifestyle.!
  • First name: Susan

Geographical location: Sanford, NC

Children/Ages: Daughter - 23 y/o; Son 19 y/o

Pets: 3 cats

Hobbies/Interests: knitting, writing

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Grey/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 4, 2011 (this time)

Starting Weight: 220.4 pounds

Goal Weight: 125 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm lazy by nature and hate to exercise.

Following any specific plan: No, just counting calories and trying to be more active. My goal is to lose the weight by changing my life in ways that I can maintain permanently. If that means I lose more slowly, then so be it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm realizing that if I don't get this weight off now I may be dealing with some serious health issues as I get older.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Sue

Geographical location: New England

Marital Status: Married almost 16 years

Children/Ages: two girls 12 and 10

Occupation: ABA Therapist (I work with kids with significant special needs, mostly autism)

Pets: A very lazy yellow lab

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, watercolors, drawing

Height: 5' 6.5"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/lt.brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time...summer 2011

Starting Weight: 197

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: age, wine/beer, and going out to eat.

Following any specific plan: I joined the biggest loser club. Mostly exercise and calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not sure. I feel like I need to fix this now or I will lose my chance, and I want to be really active in my 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was 170 for a LONG time and last summer I gained almost 30 pounds because I was sad. It was a bad year! I yo-yoed from 200- 170 a few times and with exercise and small diet changes. This time i can't seem to make the scale move. That is sort of scary. But I just started being more active. I still have a long way to go on diet before I can claim deprivation. ;-)
  • howdy from Seattle Area!
    First name: Christine

Geographical location: Seattle Area

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 German Shepherds, 3 cats and all the birds in the neighborhood

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: green/burgundy highlights, dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: tbd....still working on that

Starting Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: just starting. I just have not felt like starting. Think I'm afraid? not sure why....

Following any specific plan: looking at BFC or Atkins.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've always been the petite one. Gained the freshman 15 in college, got it off and have kept it off until the past year. gained 20 lbs in the last 8 mos! wth??!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: looking at reducing my added sugars and simple carbs to start. Not handling turing 40 very well
  • First name: Gina

Geographical location: St. Louis, MO

Marital Status: Very Happily Married

Children/Ages: Two girls 17 & 18

Pets: 2 Chi's & 1 Gorgeous Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Concerts, Skydiving, Ziplining

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/12/2011

Starting Weight: 197

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Going out to eat & preparing meals

Following any specific plan: Low Carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Going to Vegas in 73 days ( :

Anything else you would like to share with us: My first goal is 180 by Nov 2011, then when I get back from vacation, on to the finish line!
  • First name: Andrea

Geographical location: Chandler, AZ

Children/Ages: Two boys and a girl, 12, 9 & 7 respectively

Pets: 2 Italian Greyhounds, 1 Chihuahua, 2 Conures (birds), a cat and some fish.

Hobbies/Interests: Pysanki, tracking money at wheresgeorge.com

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/12/11

Starting Weight: 184.4

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Going out to eat & not snacking on junk

Following any specific plan: Trying to maintain low carb, but mostly calorie count

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Bought Body Bugg, and have a goal to lose 15 pounds by October 2011 when I see friends as a reunion of sorts. After that, 30 more pounds or so. .

Anything else you would like to share with us: I actually started weight loss in May 2010 at 212 pounds. I was losing hope of losing more weight, and was beginning to gain again when I decided to try Body Bugg. Now I'm on track again, and called this my beginning.