Scales

• Not sure if this is the right spot for this. If not, please move it.

I was just curious, what kind of scale do you use?
  • I have a digital scale that also measures body fat electronically. It seems accurate, pretty well matching the medical scale at my office, and the fat percentage is pretty steady, and has dropped 1 % with me losing the 10 pounds.
  • My mom doesn't want to spend money on a scale, so we use my dad's shipping scale he has for work. I suppose thats a good thing, its one of the most accurate things you can get. But they cost like a hundred dollars, so I don't think anyone should buy one... My dad just needs one for work so... yeah... :]
  • I have 2 scales but i go by the body fat % digital scale.
  • just have a plain old step on dial scale from Walmart. hey It works
  • I've got a digital scale, it just tells the weight!
  • Do the digital scales measures weight by ounce also. Such as 200.6 lbs for example, or is there a special kind of scale you need to purchase for that? Can someone recommend one and tell me what kind of price they paid? Thank you.
  • Hope you don't mind if I ask a question here. I have an older dig scale its been fine. But I've recently moved and now have the choice of my cement basement floor in the bath, which is tiled, but tiles are set deep, same flooring in kitchen and the rest of my place is wall to wall. The tiles sound awful, but they are really beautiful... I figured I would just mark off a couple of tiles to line up each time, but had 4 different readings up to 4 pounds difference... The wall to wall is worse... Any Ideas ?
  • sweet caroline, I suspect there is not a very level floor. Happens a lot in older homes, basements especially. If the scale can stay in one place, just leave it there, would be my advice. Otherwise, always place it in the same tile.
  • Ol' trusty is a $20 digital piece from wal-mart. I haven't had any problems with it so far, and I don't want to waste too much money on features I don't need.
  • I have a digital (WW brand) scale, it only tells the weight.

I used to have one of the boring mechanical ones, but found it hard to read it exactly (I like to be exact! lol).
  • i have a taylor biggest loser digital scale. it weighs in ounces also. it's allright.
  • Thanks for all the info everyone! Hope you all have a great day!
  • i have a digital scale but it just weighs. in pounds, kilos and stones (cos i'm in the UK). and yes, mine weighs by ounces too but only when you're below a certain weight. i can't remember what i think it's 19 stone. i'v not tried in in pounds
  • I went out and purchased a digital scale from Wal-mart yesterday. It cost about $20. However, it weighs me five pounds heavier than the dial scale I've been using for the past several years. I'm rather confounded by this. Anyone have any ideas why this might be?