Richard Simmons

• Days that I cannot make it to the gym, like today, I enjoy Richard Simmons - Sweating to the Oldies Volume 1. I want to say the actual exercise portion is between 35-45 minutes. Does anyone know how many calories, on average, that this burns? I sure do work up a sweat!

Thanks!!!
  • I don't know how many calories it burns, it would probably be pretty hard to figure out. But it should make a big difference and sounds like fun Do you enjoy it? I received a set, but haven't opened it yet.
  • I would like to know the answer to that as well. I love my Sweating to the Oldies! Volume 1 is one of my favorites. I also really like Dance Your Pants Off! It really is a great workout - but so much fun too! I have a lot of Richard's videos.
  • It is hard to tell how many calories you will burn. The number of calories is dependent on several factors - your wieght, your fitness level, how hard you work at the workout - even your room temperature and clothing choices have a small impact.

That being said, aerobic dance burns around 400 calories per hour (based on a 150 lb. person with moderately intense activity level).

I enjoy my Sweatin' to the Oldies video too. And it IS a good workout - even compared to some of my newer videos