I Need A Scale!!!!

• Hi guys,

I bought a scale about 10 months ago and I used it for a month until I went to the gym one day and measured my weight on a doctor-type scale and discovered that my digital scale at home was telling me I was about 10 lbs. lighter than I really was! I WAS DISGUSTED!

Anyway, I broke my scale...(no laughter :P)..probably from getting on it a million times a day...it just finally went "snap" and I think the metal plate inside broke off it's platform or something...(not that I know a lot about scale design but that's what it felt like)..

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had a particular scale that you really liked...can be digital or non-digital...and I would LIKE to stay under $35. Any ideas? I hope someone can help me....I hate guessing my weight. I need that extra reinforcment to see I've lost some poundage!
  • I prefer digital scales, and mine costs $20 at walmart. What's really important about your scale is not that it's perfectly accurate (no scale is going to be as perfectly calibrated as you would like, and clothes, foods, liquids will all change your weight at any time anyway), but what's important is that you stick to the same scale for as long as possible. Even if it's not perfectly in line with your doctor's/gym's scale, if you use it every day/week, you will still see the loss, which is the important part.
  • Just bought a new one yesterday.
    I found it at the Sam's Club - I believe it was around $25. It is a Taylor glass bodyfat scale - you can program in to measure both weight and body fat. It is digital and has a clear glass top - very sturdy. It also has a higher capacity that most scales I've seen.