Whatcha Reading Jan 2009?

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Ohmygod, that story in Me Talk Pretty One Day about talking about Easter in French class? It had me in STITCHES. I have also listened to David Sedaris read it and it's even better in his voice!

One Fifth Avenue - this was kind of interesting. Started off slow, with a lot of characters, I almost stopped reading it. It got pretty intriguing by the middle and then it had a lukewarm finish.

Your Heart Belongs to Me - why why do I torture myself so? What happened to the Dean Koontz of yore? He who wrote Lightning and Watchers and Strangers? Heck, I'd even take a Bad Place or Hideaway at this point! This was just dreck. I just plugged away at it to see HOW it ended and it was LUDICROUS. Awful.

Without a Backwards Glance - a mom who walks out on her family on Christmas Eve and how that affected the kids' lives.

I have written something below in white text as a spoiler. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't highlight the section between the stars!

Really surprised they so quickly forgave the mother. It was a big build up to the "reunion" and then, well, nothing really. Thought the mother was a selfish, loathsome character and I really can't believe she was so easily integrated just because she wrote some letters after she left.
  • I'm currently reading Dead To the World by Charlaine Harris.
  • i also really liked the part in me talk pretty one day where their dad is beside himself that david's sister is "fat"...but it's just half a fat suit! his book "naked" was also fantastic, but i couldn't get through even half of barrel fever??

i just finished "snuff", and now i'm a little ways into "survivor" - my b/f says it's palahniuk's best book.
  • Bearing down to get The First Patient finished tonight and then tomorrow I start State of the Onion
  • It's midterm time for my high school students that I teach, so I am reading books that can help them with their exams. I read "Dawn" by Elie Wiesel earlier and am currently in the middle of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". haha
  • I am reading Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland. It's a different genre for me but it was free so thought I'd give it a try. Not too bad so far.
  • I just started reading Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich!!!
  • I know this may be totally cliche cause i'm quite young,
    but I am wanting to read the twilight series.
    I have read Twilight and New Moon, now I need Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
  • Quote: I know this may be totally cliche cause i'm quite young,
    but I am wanting to read the twilight series.
    I have read Twilight and New Moon, now I need Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
    I love those books!!!!!!!!!! When I'm done reading the pile of books I have now, I'm gonna reread Twilight for the zillionth time, lol.
  • Who cares how old you are, I loved the Twilight series and both of my in-laws read them as well and they're over 62!
  • Quote: Can't open that link, prompts for a login name

Here is my book list (I started adding books read by date last spring):

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1035707?shelf=read
    Glory87, I'm still kinda new to bookreads...but would like to add you as a friend if I'm able to find out how. Lemme know if your interested and if yes, how to add you.
  • Today I'm going to read, The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. The movie looks pretty good, and Kate Winslet (LOVE HER!!) won a Globen Globe for it, so I thought I'd read the book before seeing the movie. I can probably finish it today too.
  • I just finished The Reader..so now I'm going to start, Untamed by PC & Kristin Cast.
  • Quote: I'm going to start How To Be Single tonight. Anyone here read it?
    I just started this tonight. I'm about 50 pages in and so far I love it love it love it!
  • Quote: Glory87, I'm still kinda new to bookreads...but would like to add you as a friend if I'm able to find out how. Lemme know if your interested and if yes, how to add you.
    Sorry, I posted before I saw this!

I would love to add you too!

My name on goodreads is just Glory! I looked for you as Borntofly but I didn't find you

To add a friend:

Click Friends along the menu bar on top (kind of in the middle)
    Click Add Friends (it's a green link on the top right half of the page, first of three green links)
    Scroll to the middle, there is a box for Search for Friends, type Glory and click Find Friend
    When my name appears, click Add Friend

It is surprisingly not very intuitive!