Planning & Chat Dec. 29 - Jan 4 2009

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • A new year is just around the corner. What are everyone's plans, hopes and resolutions?

Happy New Year!

Dagmar
  • My 2009 plans
    I'm going to get down below 130 lbs. and I'm going to make a concentrated effort to exercise my brain more.

Dagmar
  • My 2009:

Resolutions

Lose 15 more lbs to get to my goal
    Stop stressing out about EVERYTHING

Hopes

To find a great place to live
    To find a job I enjoy
    Maybe to get engaged to the love of my life

Plans

Quit my job
    Go on vacation!
  • hmmmm....

To figure out what it was from a managing my life standpoint that used to be working (about a year or more ago) and no longer is. How's that for nebulous and unmeasurable.

I guess the only concrete resolution might be reduce our eating out budget by 40% and our grocery budget by 10%
  • Hi feathers

THe fam and I are headed out at 3:30AM tomorrow. VACATION time!

wish me luck
  • Good Luck and Bon Voyage Kittycat

Quote: To figure out what it was from a managing my life standpoint that used to be working (about a year or more ago) and no longer is.
    If you mean weight wise, I'm in the same boat. But what I've discovered is that what I did before to lose weight, that was working, is no longer working because I am 52 and my metabolism SUCKS!!! So I need to figure out what works for me and my new age... I will definitely do that this year....

-- Lose 20 lbs and KEEP IT OFFFFFFF!! Keeping it off is the real challenge ...

-- Exercise MORE if that's possible I guess I'll have to exercise more intensely ....
  • Ilene - I dont really mean weight, although weight is part of it. I mean EVERYthing. Clutter, planning, enjoying, LIVING
  • Good morning.

I haven't really thought of any resolutions because I don't usually keep them anyway. I do know that I need to go back to full time planning so I keep my calories below 1400 so I can lose (again). I'm sure my lack of keeping track is what is making me gain.
  • Happy 2009 everyone!
    I've had a wonderful start to the new year. The dog and I went for a beautiful walk/romp early this morning and then I did my first strength training workout in 10 days.

Today is going to be really low key/stress free and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

Hope 2009 brings all of you the happiness you deserve and the healthy body you want!

Dagmar
  • Hi gals,

I've been in this odd limbo since the end of summer... I got very busy with coaching field hockey and teaching, and I have seriously neglected tracking my food on daily plate and exercising. Surprise, surprise... my new high weight shows it! I just feel like I've really "let myself go," and it's not a good feeling AT ALL.

My goal is to get back to a mindfulness and awareness of how I'm treating my body. Tracking what I'm eating and exercising are the two things I must do to get myself back on track.

So, here I am... once again.

Here's to renewed commitment to good health in 2009!
  • It's interesting how motivating it is just to see my new ticker. It's my total complacency that caused such a gain... I LET IT HAPPEN. I put off making a new ticker until today because I think I wanted free license to eat what I wanted over the holidays -- well, the truth is out there now, and I've got to face it. And, it actually feels kind of good to face it. I know it's in my power to change.
  • Happy New year!
  • Happy New Year everyone. I don't really make resolutions either as I've never kept to them and it makes me feel like a failure! I am however determined to be 128 or less when I step on that plane to NYC on 10th May. 10lbs off since October and 16 more to go - I CAN do this.
  • Quote: I guess the only concrete resolution might be reduce our eating out budget by 40% and our grocery budget by 10%
    Went out to dinner tonight to "celebrate the smoking ban". Not a good start.
  • Hey, well I guess New Year's Day is a great day to join Featherweights, eh? I've lost 55 pounds since April 14th, and it has slowed way down these days, which I'm mostly OK with. I'm not calorie counting, and it seems a fair trade .

My approach is based on whole foods and low sugar, and I am vegetarian (just since September).

I completed C25K, and now I run 3 miles M-W-F, and recently started doing some informal intervals. My plan this year is to increase distance. I also do lots of yoga. Another plan this year is to add a little weight lifting.

Hi!