Alternachicks Equinox Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • Today's weigh in was...dun dun dun...221.4!!

Yesterday I did 15 minutes on the bike, 10 on the eliptical (I want to do more, but I have to take it slow due to my knees) then about another 25 minutes working my arms, legs, and abs. I'm feelin' it.

I must admit, this is a lot easier with my fiance beside me. I keep myself in check because I'm setting an example for him, too!
  • so fridays are weigh in days? well, i'm still at 137, but hey, i just started two days ago.

either the 30 day shred became more difficult or i got really out of shape over break. i think it's the latter. not walking to school everyday and sitting on me butt back home did its damage. this video is hard!

but it's time to do the damn thing. spring'll be here before i know it.
  • I'm at 203. I attempted 30DS and while doing the pushup, felt a sharp pain in my hand. I had to stop, and ice it. It still hurts. Hopefully tomorrow, it'll feel better.
  • I'm here!

Everyone's doing so awesome and salutations to the new chicks!

I've been blah-ing around for 2 days LOL But I'm doing better now. I am in at 165. Yay! My exercise has been nil. Well, except we just moved within the last 2 weeks and now I have a basement with stairs. That's a new leg movement. And I have to use them to do laundry and let the dog in and out all day long. Pits... walnut brain, walnut bladder lol

My menu has been basicly me presenting chili or curry in one form or another to my 2 dudes. I made a big batch of each and we have been reheating fools ever since. Last of the chili tonight for dinner and one more curry serving (breakfast! )

Hope everyone is having an awesome Friday night!
  • Jandaman - Yay for clothes related goals!!!

Wormwood - Glad your fiance is helping to keep things in check

Ollie - I've heard so much about the 30 Day Shred. You like it?

Robot - Yikes! Take care of that hand injury!!!

Merc - Ain't nothin' wrong with chili & curry I love how they can be made in big vats & then taken out over the week. So handy.

---

Been doing well 7 days on plan so far!

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes on the dot. Adding more incline in intervals, as well as a little speed.

Food: 2 points under. Wasn't hungry, once again, wasn't going to force myself. And today is my Higher points day during the week so not concerned. The cycle continues.

Water: Splashy splashy! Water went down the hole (in my face that is.)

A little about today:

As I mentioned, today is my higher calorie day, so I think I'm going to incorporate a little more exercise to boost myself. Nothing ridiculous, just an extra 25 minutes on the bike or elliptical or both! Split it up and work it out. Wooo hoo!

Oh and I've planned to make myself some yummy and slightly healthier pizza for tonight with a big salad.

Good luck gals!
  • Faerie - Thanks. My hand still feels weird. I put pressure on it and it has a nasty burning sensation. Is there such thing as pulling a muscle in a hand? And yum, pizza! How is it slightly healthier? I love pizza filled with veggies.
  • Hope no one minds me jumping in quite late... I'm brand new to 3 Fat Chicks and after poking around a while and feeling eh about the 30s forum I found this forum... I had been thinking, Well, I don't LOOK like an alternachick, but then I read the explanation, and that feeling of being different or other fits like a glove, so here I am!

Anyway, TMI, maybe, and probably in the wrong thread, but I would love to join in! I'm 30, 5'6" and 178 lbs, down from about 205 in October. My goal weight is 130. It's hard for me to get away from ridiculous goals, like... I'll be 145 by March! Because I won't, ha. Sooo... let's say, 163, which would be 15 pounds, and maybe a little ambitious still, but so it goes.

Glad to have found you all and I'll be around more soon!
  • Pokio - You are absolutely in the RIGHT forum area There is no set look for an AltChick. One simply knows that they are one 15 pounds is doable. Keep us all updated!

Robot - Yeah, you actually can pull hand muscles. Just go easy on it. If it doesn't get better... trip to the doctor and all that. The pizza! Is Whole Wheat dough, reduced fat cheese, loaded up with veggies. All that good stuff. So it's slightly healthier, but it'll still be pizza goodness
  • Welcome pokio and Sun_Flower2...and everyone else if I missed you!

Jandaman - You'll be in pants in no time. I pretty much wear sweat pants and pajamas all the time. I have jeans of various sizes. I fit in the largest size I have, but I hate them. My smaller size jeans are nicer. So maybe one day, I'll get to wear them.

Faerie - That pizza sounds yummy. I just made a pizza with an oatmeal and bean "dough" (from the fat smash forum). It was OK, but I miss real pizza.

Ollie - I feel bad that I can't do shred with you until my hand feels better. I'm going to do some of my belly dancing dvds until my hand stops hurting.
  • robot - don't feel bad. sucks about your hand. is it wrapped up? you should at least ace bandage that mofo.
  • I don't have weight to post yet (will stick it up tomorrow) But I'm up for the challenge... there are 10 weeks left so I'll stick myself down for 15-20lbs

Robot, I hope you're hand is ok, I agree with Robot, get it bandaged and if it's not improving get it checked out!

Hello to all and well done/good luck with your achievements and goals *here's* to a successful challenge for all
  • Yep, my hand is wrapped and has been iced. I'm almost positive it's a pulled muscle, so medicine, more ice and time should heal it.
  • Hi there going2Bhealthy jump on in!

Robot - Enjoy the belly dancing until the hand feels better!

---

Yesterday:

Exercise: Did 60 minutes at the gym Whew!!! 5 minutes on the elliptical (nearly died, that piece of machinery is ridiculously difficult for me), 35 minutes walking inclines on the treadmill, and then 20 minutes of biking to keep the legs moving.

Food: Ate on plan Had my pizza and the hub can't stop talking about it he liked it so much.

Water: Had plenty

Good day yesterday!

Today I'm looking at a somewhat lazy day. I need to force myself to get up and take a good walk at the gym. Something light today since yesterday was so heavy.
  • Hi Everyone,

May I join, too? I'm not a newbie to 3FC, but I don't feel like I fit in and I hardly ever post. I really want to change that, and this seems to be the perfect place!!!

Yesterday I weighed in at 229.8, so I am hoping to be somewhere in the teens by the end of this challenge. I am giving myself a moderate goal because I am focusing more on the lifestyle change aspect - establishing healthy routines - rather than how fast I can get the weight off this time around. Slow, steady, and forever!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Of course you can join, Sunrose. Welcome!