Valentines Day Challenge!!

You're on Page 1 of 24
Go to
  • Wow! I cannot believe how time has flown by this past few weeks, I can honestly say I need this challenge more than before I ate too much over Christmas and I am ready to start fresh and continue on this journey to health and wellness, I hope to see all you ladies join back in from the Thanksgiving and Christmas challenges...we are like family now and I cannot wait to see your success So here are my stats as of this morning...let me warn you ...I gained back alot over the last week and a half and I am quite ashamed of it, but had I not done the other challenges I am sure I would be 10-15 pounds heavier than I am now

12-27-08 My Birthday!! 158.5 YIKES!!
    1-3-09 157.5
    1-10-09 156.5
    1-17-09
    1-24-09
    1-31-09
    2-7-09
    2-14-09

Lets do this ladies! Also please post your exercise for the day on here if you want too so that we can all be accountable for that too, I got a wii and wii fit game for Christmas and I intend to use it at least 5 days a week, I hope I can remember to do that everyday
  • Woo Hoo! Thanks Christian!!

First of all: Happy Birthday Christian!!!

My to you...No more thoughts of the past ...only the future. You will do it!! I am so excited you got wii fit. The more you do...the more you unlock. Wait until you get to the boxing! I can't wait to hear all about your fun! By the way I missed you!

Hi everyone! I got an elliptical for Christmas. Boy does that . Just what I needed to keep me going. I start out by doing 30 min. on the treadmill and then break for about 10 minutes and then get on the elliptical for a 20 min. workout. That is the beginner stage. I also got the Jillian Michaels wii fit game. Just tried a little last night and it looks like it will be fun. I am still eating OP even though there is a lot of candy...etc.. around the house. My son is here with his girlfriend and I am really enjoying it!! They leave on Monday which makes me sad. I am off work for a week and plan on exercising my butt off. WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME??

I am at 216 right now. For Valentines Day, I want to be 206. 10 lb goals are hard but I am going for it! I can't wait to get to the halfway point..50lbs!
    I miss everyone!!!!! TALK TO YOU SOON!!!
  • Hi Girls!

Happy Birthday Christie!!! I spent a lot of money on this gift but I know you will appreciate it. Your from me is outfit. I know you will look beautiful in it and belly dancing is great exercise. Sorry about the weight gain.

Hattie, You have been working so hard, 206 is right around the corner. I think the elliptical is killer exercise. I really feel like I get a good workout in when I'm done. We bought the Wii and the boxing really is exhausting. I'm excited that my kiddos have an indoor activity the really gets them moving.

I'm excited for this clean slate. I need to actively start losing weight again. Feb 17th is when I began my weight loss journey. I would love to be 140lb on that date. I weighed on Thurs and the scale said 156 the next AM I started TOM. UGH! Christie, I love the exercise accountability idea. I need to be challenged and posting for all to see will really help. My goals are drink 64ozs. water, 100 minutes exercise/week and lose 16lbs.
    Okay and since this is The Valentine's Day Challenge I have asked my DH to join me. He won't be posting but I will post his goals with mine so we can motivate one another.

Lene

Start 158 Goal 145
    12/27 158lbs
    0/100 min exercise
    1-3-09
    1-10-09
    1-17-09
    1-24-09
    1-31-09
    2-7-09
    2-14-09

DH
    Start 192 Goal 176
    12/27 192lbs
    0/100 min exercise
    1-3-09
    1-10-09
    1-17-09
    1-24-09
    1-31-09
    2-7-09
    2-14-09
  • Thank you ladies SO much for the Birthday wishes I just love you guys

Hattie- WOW an elliptical????? YOU GO GIRL!!! You will be at that 50 pound mark before you know it with all that exercise chic

Lene- There is no way you wont reach your goal now for sure ...having the hubby with you makes all the difference in the world and I am glad to have you both here ..so Lenes DH everyone!!

Well yesterday was kinda a food trainwreck and today is looking great so I am ready to start the Micheal Thurman plan again and get the pounds back off...hope you all have a wonderful day and I will report in a little later
  • Hi I'd love to join. I've fallen off the wagon again and need to get my behind back on track. I think this challenge will be just what I need. I weighted in today and am at 312.8 grrrrrrrrr. My goal for this challenge is out of the 300's for good but for now I'll set my goal at 302.8 and hopefully make it out of the 300's.
  • Ally! Glad to have you join in I am possitive that you will reach your goal, I know what it is like to fall off the old wagon foodwise too and together I am sure we will right back on that wagin to only success and health I was just curious...are you a mom of 4? I was reading your name and just wondered...hope to learn more about you and I cant wait to help you celebrate your success
  • Lene's DH!! That is so Cool! What a great idea Lene. You will both do a fantastic job!

Ally! You are going to love it here! Everyone is soooo supportive and encouraging!

Hi everyone!
  • Christie ~ Hi yup I've got 4 little ones 2 girls 8&6 and 5 twin boys who are autistic waiting on the official dignoses.

Hattie~ Thanks for the welcome.
  • Count me in for this challenge. I would love to lose another 10lbs by Valentines day. Right now I want to work extra hard to lose between 1.5 to 2lbs a week.

starting challenge weight 132
    current challenge weight 132
    goal challenge weight 122
  • Nice!!! You gave us until V-day!!! SWEEEET! I'm lovin' this Chris! I'm in!

The goal is to drop 20lbs by V-day!!!!

I'm excited about this one. No more "eating holidays" to deal with. YAY!

Starting weight (totally embarassed): 190
    Goal weight: 170

Good luck gals!
  • mine are different days because i weigh in on monday's and i'm trying to not touch the scale on any day but monday morning.

SW: 186
    GW: 174

12-29-08 - 186 ()
    1-5-09 - 181.6
    1-12-09
    1-19-09
    1-26-09
    2-2-09
    2-9-09
    2-17-09
  • ButterflyDiva and Sally Glad to see a few new faces, some of us have been together in challenges since before Thanksgiving and well, feel free to feel like family here, it is the best support system I have found

Sass- WOOO HOO! Glad to see you here chic Dont feel bad about your weightgain sis, I am in it with you and together we WILL take it off

I got in 30 minutes of wii fit last night and plan to do at lest 30 today ...who knows maybe more Lets do this ladies, I know we can!
  • Thanks for the welcome!!! Most of this site is like family which is why i feel so comfortable on it.
  • Good morning ladies!!!!
    WOOHOO for the Valentines challenge!!! and its my anniversary!!!!!
    I am sooo ecited to get back on track.
    I messed up majorly over the holidays.
    I just feel really in the mood to start seeing lower 3's on the scale.
    I weighed myself............................................ ...........................
    I weigh the same I weighed when I pretty much dropped out on the Thanksgiving challenege.
    How sad is that? I was really disspaointed to see tht number.
    Its ok though. I'm onna fix it.
    I plan on posting everything I eat, if I dd good or bad to keep myself on check.
    I plan on brushing the dust off that elliptical and using it at leat 4 days a week. I will aslo be using the wii fit and posting all the exercise I do. I also plan on drinking lots and lots of water. I have always been someone who drank about 2 glassesof water a ady. Super bad I know.
    Anyway. I'm excited!!!!
    I'll come back this evening to post what I ate and exercise! Good luck to you all today.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I forgot to set a goal weight.
    I plan to lose 10 pounds.
    That would put me at 125.
    Pretty cool!!!
  • I've never done a challenge and would love to join in this one!

I'm going to work my butt off and hopefully reach my goal weight of 155 (but would be very pleased with 160).

Right now I'm bouncing between 168-170, I'll make my official start weight what I weigh this Saturday.

I already got a great workout in this morning (lots of cardio), now I just have to eat clean all day.

I'm really excited, good luck to everyone!