is it too late to celebrate Christ's Birthday?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Great plan Mandy. My adult children, their spouses, my step-daughter home from college and my nephew home from the NAVY were all here today for about 4 hours. We had our tradition of enchiladas, rice and beans. I made cheese, Angie made chicken and some veggie ones too.

We shared past stories of Christmas, said our prayers and acknowledged the glory of the celebration then picked out gifts from the World Vision Catalogue. A glorious day....then Angie and I went to service tonight...we can sleep in tomorrow...like that ever happens!
  • sounds like a great day EZ.
  • Your kids are way more patient that mine!!! Mine are teenagers and still up at the crack of dawn wanting to exchange presents....although they like the giving part too which is nice.

Quote: Well, i am home now. THANK GOODNESS!! Presents are still under the tree, planning on opening them tomorrow night, we might have to miss out on Church activities though. Hubby and kids of coarse wanted to open them to night....lol Tomorrow night will be a special dinner and dessert(something we don't usually have) Then go to the living room, have a chat with the kids, have hubby read the Christmas Story then maybe opening the presents.
  • We have tamales, rice, beans, and margaritas!

Quote: Great plan Mandy. My adult children, their spouses, my step-daughter home from college and my nephew home from the NAVY were all here today for about 4 hours. We had our tradition of enchiladas, rice and beans. I made cheese, Angie made chicken and some veggie ones too.

We shared past stories of Christmas, said our prayers and acknowledged the glory of the celebration then picked out gifts from the World Vision Catalogue. A glorious day....then Angie and I went to service tonight...we can sleep in tomorrow...like that ever happens!
  • Well we had a great day yesterday. We went to Church but it was our day to do nursery duty but Sunday school was good. Afterward we went over to the Sanctuary and visited with some friends and got a motorcycle ride planned for the afternoon. We got home, I cooked part of the meal, got in my gear and hubby and I met with a friends for a 2 hour ride. After we got home, I finished cooking we sat at the dinning room table with the good dishes. Kids pretended that the 6th chair was for Jesus. After we ate, hubby lit the fire place (gel fuel cans) I heated some Apple Cider, turned down the lights, Just had some candles, and Christmas lights on. Hubby read The Christmas story and let the kids fill in parts. Then we let the kids open their presents and had dessert. It was a great night.
  • Outstanding!

Of course my dad....who always had a '74 in the garage for him and my mom....would love the bike part best!