What is your trigger?

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • For some people it may be a certain food, or a certain eating establishment that they just can't say no to.

What is your guilty pleasure?

How could you lighten it up?

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place?

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself?

I'll start!!

COLD STONE CREAMERY! To me it's like Disneyland, the happiest place on earth!! But.. I've decided to stick with the medium sized, 220 calorie Sinless Sans-Fat ice cream, with a half serving of white chocolate chips mixed in, and fruit mixed in.
  • Jet's pizza and my dad's chocolate chip cookies. There's no way I'll ever give those up. Haha. I don't really lighten it up but if I know that I'm going to have one or the other, I workout harder that day and I don't eat very much beforehand.
  • yes that works quite well most times. limit the intake and bump up the exercise.
  • I think I would be a very happy camper if I only had 1. I crave anything with sugar! And then sometimes I crave salty/fatty. What I crave changes like the weather so there's no such thing as avoiding my triggers because I never know what's going to set me off.
  • What is your guilty pleasure?
    Eating crap food with my boyfriend on the weekends.

How could you lighten it up?
    Instead of pizza and chinese food at night, eating homemade chicken fajitas or homemade sushi.
    Instead of grabbing something like KFC or McDonalds on the run, sharing a regular sized Quizno's sub during the day.

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place?
    Making a plan about exactly what and when we are going to eat BEFORE the weekend happens.

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself?

Good question, have to think about that one. I can't control myself, that's the problem! Any tips?

~CGH~
  • re
    My trigger has GOT to be chocolate cake, oh boy, I can eat a whole cake in one sitting
  • homemade sushi sounds really good! I haven't been brave enough to try myself, though.

I imagine the calories would be better than the prepackaged ones.

I love avocado inside

I also just tried sashimi with my friend!! it's great stuff.
  • Pop Tarts and Cheetos---and I need to just LEAVE THEM IN THE STORE!
  • I would have to say my number one pleasure is Shipley's chocolate filled donuts. Literally, I shake just writing this. My second pleasure would have to be a combination of Jamocha shakes and curly fries from Arby's. I decided to look them up last week to check calorie content. After reading and figuring out it was my DAILY intake for the two items, I decided to nix the idea.

I can think of no way to lighten these items up or I would be swimming in a bathtub of it as we speak. LOL
  • LOL yeah it's easier to lighten up the at home versions. some websites have copycat recipes for certain things.

now that you mention it, the mint swirl shake from arby's is fabulous, but I think next time I'll split mine with my shopping buddy!!
  • Anything sweet, esp. cake, pastries etc.
  • I think baklava is one of my downfalls too lol
  • My trigger: happy hour

It's so easy to keep drinking! And I crave social attention so if the people are game, I'll drink all night! Plus factor in bar food and you've got XXXX calories!

There's no happy hours in Korea so I'm taking this time to learn some new healthy habits. Whenever I return to America I'm sure I'll go back to happy hours but I hope by then I can pace my drinks, make smarter choices, and avoid some of the bar food.
  • Hey there are those 64 calorie beers now, but I don't know if they sell them in bars?
  • Sugar.

That and certain social situation where I previously would have eaten all sorts of unhealthy foods.