G2009 - New Year, New Me Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 11
Go to
  • I'm just beyond geeked girls! It's still a little surreal to me. I just CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

WOW! WOW! WOW!!! It's a REALLY good excuse to get my health in check! Amazing when you have some other big reason for doing it how much more willing you are to do it!.
  • on the baby, Eny! How very exciting!
  • Okay, I have my goals. By the end of 2009 I WILL...

1. reach a healthy waist to hip ratio (0.8 is ideal for women).
    2. be as close to my final goal of 140 as possible (about 2 lb. a week).
    3. have set work hours that creates a balance with the kids, so it will no longer control my life or keep me up all night.
    4. have enough in savings to at least cover 1 month of full expenses.
    5. have set exercise times that are worked into my daily life as routines.
    6. get the binging under control.
    7. break my sugar addiction.
    8. have a good collection of recipes in one place that are healthy to make any night, any meal, and which the whole family really enjoys.
    9. build a scrapbook of the year as continuous motivation to keep going.

I will accompolish each of these by...

1. exercising every day, upping intensity and activities as I progress and staying within my calories every day.
    2. same as 1.
    3. set some hours and adjust them until I get the right fit, then stick to them just as if I am clocking in somewhere out of the house.
    4. get bills all caught up first then set a certain amount to go into savings each week.
    5. set and adjust the times in with my work hour schedule so it all works together when I reach the right balance.
    6. I'm not sure on this one, it's my biggest problem. I am doing a challenge to not binge one week at a time, but journaling will be my main defense. Journal the feelings instead of stuffing them.
    7. start finding good alternatives to the foods I love and eating them instead.
    8. start making healthier versions of the foods I love, finding the perfect healthy recipe and writing them all down in a notebook or something.
    9. I am going to buy a scrapbook and start on this right away with pictures of me at my heaviest and now.

looks like a lot, but I have a year and I know I can do this. This is MY year!
  • 2009 Goals
    My goals for the new year are:

Weight loss- now 260 get down to 200
    Dress size now 24 get to 18
    Water--Drink 8 glasses of water each day
    Career-Get a new job
    Nutrition-eat 1500 cal per day or less/ no sugar
    Exercise- min 3x per week
  • ENY~~ I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! C O N G R A T S~~~What great news!! When do you go to the doctor and get a due date?? HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU!!!! I was so happy for you I forgot to pm you my weigh in. Will do in the morning>
  • ENY!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! My husband also said congratulations.

I haven't been doing so well, with hubby off work it just totally messes me up, I hate it.

Are we supposed to PM our weights?
  • Congrats Eny! Babies are miracles.

For the first time tonight I worked out for 2 hours. And I had the best time. I hope to make it a regular thing this next year.
  • Eny, congrats to you & Joe!!
  • My official starting weight for this challenge is 180. I am going to measure in a few places and use that as a guide line also. I am now able to wear some of my size 16 t-shirts. Something good is happening!! Rather than shoot the scale goddess or sacrifice a red, ripe tomato, I am going to learn to love the tale of the tape. Use both as indicators of how I am doing. Hopefully that will help me feel better about this being stuck at a certain weight. Pat
  • My starting weight is 148, I am going to aim for 139 for Valentine's Day. Into the 130's!!
  • Good Morning Ladies. I'm new to this challenge and I realize I'm starting late so I'm supposed to post my goals for 2009 and they can be edited as the year progresses - right? And I need to post my starting weight for 2009 so that it can be charted by Eny - right?

My official starting weight is 179.5 as of today.

OK so if my thinking is right, my 2009 goals as of today are:

Weight - get down to 165 and see how I feel about it.

Size - get into singe digit clothes again.

Eating - currently on WW Momentum plan. Stay within my points allowance.

Water - drink a minimum of 100 ounces a day.

Exercise - work out 30 minutes a day at least 5 days a week.

Life in general - be a nicer person.

As I think of other things I will add or edit my goals. Those are just the ones that jumped out at me as I'm sitting here at my desk supposed to be working!!
  • Girls - You don't have to PM me your start weight for this challenge - since it's more of a goal planning one... But if you could post a SW & a GW for 2009 that'd be GREAT!!!
  • Eny, do you want our SW and GW here or in the sign up thread? Which is easier for you?

EDIT** I'll follow Dixie's lead, my start weight is 148 my Valentine's Goal is 139

My next NYE goal is 119
  • My start weight is 180~My current weight is 180~my goal weight is 150 by the end of the year. Then I may need to tweak it to 145-148 depending on how my body settles and carries the weight. I weighed 150 before and was fat. I will update my ticker 1/1/09. I am ready to loose. Pat Sorry Eny
  • Eny, congrats on the baby