NSV last night!

• My Sunday school class had their Christmas party last night. Thankfully, it was pot luck. The hosts made a pork tenderloin, which was actually pretty lean. I brought my South Beach friendly sweet potatoes, and smashed cauliflower with low fat cheese and light sour cream. Someone made a green bean casserole but it didn't have any of the normal fattening ingredients so I had some of that too along with crab dip made with low fat cream cheese and the celery I brought to eat it with.

I didn't have - lemon cake, key lime pie, brownies (with frosting), cookies, rolls, and a very yummy looking pineapple dessert.

I was very tempted by the key lime pie but I managed to stay away until it was all gone.

• Great job Thin4good!
    It is so hard to be tempted at every turn especially around the holidays when treats are stalking you at every corner.
    Just say no girl, way to go.
    I find saying to myself " nothing tastes as good as being thin feels ", when there is tempting food around and it helps.
    Keep going!

• what a big accomplishment, to deal with the sweets !
  • You did GREAT!!!
    That is awesome!!! You really have to be very proud of yourself!
  • You did exactly what needed to be done. Not so easy to do. FANTASTIC JOB!!!! Just fantastic. This will surely take you to your goals and keep you there.

• You are stronger than I LOL! I don't think I would have been able to resist the Key Lime pie it is my favorite!

good job of resisting!
  • Very good job!
  • way to go!
    Hi - I am so proud of you - and I don't even know you (yet!). I just avoided a staff Christmas party because I knew I couldn't trust myself - I'm way not there yet. I'm either totally dieting and can't eat any food that I haven't prepared for myself with weighing and measuring, or I am totally off dieting, and eat till I'm stuffed. I think you are truly finding the right balance, and my hat is off to you!

Samida
  • way cool