Food you'll never ever eat again.

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • I've never had funnel cake or deep fried twinkies/oreos. I think I've had regular twinkies maybe twice and they weren't very good.

One of the weirdest things I did have was deep fried ribs, when we were in China. I think in the same meal we had fried crickets but for some reason I think the ribs were odder.
  • Baloney - YUCK!

My parents didn't like spinach so we didn't have it at home. I could only get it at school in my lunch. I loved it! I loved it anyway I could get it. Now I won't touch canned spinach. I don't even like frozen very much. I love fresh spinach.

I won't eat fast food hamburgers any more. In fact, I rarely have ground beef in any form any more.
  • Quote: red hot dogs.. ewwww
    Are you from western NY state? I've never seen anyone refer to "red hot dogs" unless they also had regular access to white ones.
  • sweet breads (sheeps balls)
  • Quote: Are you from western NY state? I've never seen anyone refer to "red hot dogs" unless they also had regular access to white ones.
    They make white hot dogs?
  • Quote: They make white hot dogs?
    I was wondering the same thing. LOL.
  • Quote: sweet breads (sheeps balls)

No they aren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetbread

They are thymus glands. Some consider the pancreas as sweet bread and some don't.
  • If you've never had a white hot dog, and you like pork, DON'T try one, they're addictive.

They're made from all pork, and not from weird junk parts of the pig... they don't have any nitrites in them (or at least very little -- I know people who are allergic to nitrites that can eat them). They're seasoned a little differently, they taste like the most mild sausage you've ever had. Now I've got a craving, lol.
  • Quote: If you've never had a white hot dog, and you like pork, DON'T try one, they're addictive.

They're made from all pork, and not from weird junk parts of the pig... they don't have any nitrites in them (or at least very little -- I know people who are allergic to nitrites that can eat them). They're seasoned a little differently, they taste like the most mild sausage you've ever had. Now I've got a craving, lol.
    Wow. Never heard of or seen them. They do sound good, though! Thanks for the insight.
  • Quote: sweet breads (sheeps balls)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sweetbreads are the thymus glands and pancreas glands of lamb, beef, or pork. There are two different connected parts to the thymus gland, both set in the neck.

Sheeps balls are pretty yucky too.
  • Nope, nothing. Anything I will never eat, I have never enjoyed - there is no "again" about it! Things that fall into this category are stuff like scrapple, Spam, Vienna sausages, all that stuff - I have never eaten those items, and I never will.

Anything that I enjoy, I will continue to eat, in moderation. I wouldn't want it any other way.
  • When I was little, I used to love peanut butter + butter sandwiches (so I put a layer of butter plus a layer of peanut butter). Now... I can't even think about doing that again. I believe a couple years ago I thought about trying it again and omg it was gross!
  • I didn't know a mayo sandwich is 500 calories. I used to ate so many growing up, just as a snack.

Never again!
  • Quote: Some kebabs are actually quite healthy. I've got some pork kebabs marinating right now.
    You've probably never had a kebab in Europe. Here they are usually made of either a Pita pocket or a white bread roll stuffed with "doner", which is a large round glob of meat that rotates in front of a grill. Slices of this stuff are cut off The origin of the meat is unfathomable and it is fairly highly spiced, which makes me suspicious.

After the meat follows a large dollop of fatty, mayonaise-based garlic sauce and some token bits of veg.
    I promise you, it is a stomachache waiting to happen.

A nice kebab with lean meat and/or veg skewered on a stick I wouldn't turn down, but a doner kebab - never again.
  • dutchgirl - That sounds like what we call a gyro. They slice meat off and then top it with tzatzki which is usually a full fat yogurt sauce. Kebabs here are generally grilled meat and sometime grilled veggies which are chopped up and put on a thin wooden stick.