hello from Canada

• Hi - I have never posted before but have been reading here for quite a while.I started my life style change end of January 2008.I am 48 years old. So far I have lost 58lbs, and went from a size 22 to 14. This is not the first time I have lost over 50lbs, but this time I am very determined not to gain it all back! I now realize that one must change their whole attitude about dieting and can never return to their old way of eating. I would like to lose another 20 lbs.This time around, when I take my clothes in with my sewing machine, I cut the excess material off ( last "diet" I let all the taken in seams out again when they got tight! I can't believe I did that.) A diet was something that I went on and off. I hope I can keep my resolve.This board has helped me, even though I never posted, so thanks to all of you.
  • Welcome Linda

I am new here too! Looking forward to sharing my experiences with all of yours!
  • Hi to both of you and from another Canadian . . . so glad you found us Chickies.

Linda . . . my name is Linda too. Where are you in this tiny little country we call home?

Loe . . . I'm originally from Toronto, but lived about 10 to 12 years in Kitchener (which I assume is where you are, but I could be wrong).

Anyway . . . we do have a regular Crazy Canadians Cluck Club . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157454 . . . hope you'll both be dropping in from time to time.
  • Hello from another Canadian!!! Sounds like you're on a better track this time around and hello...58lbs!! That's awesome!!

Hello to you too Loe97!!
  • !

You've got it right. NO MORE DIETS! No more "on & off". You know now from experience what not to do. You've got an edge now in keeping the weight off this time for good!

Best of success!
  • Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome. I live in Saskatchewan.
  • Hi Linda and fellow Canadian! I am also 48 years old...I am currently a size 16 and want to be a size 10/12. Or 200 lbs and down to 160 lbs. I am encouraged by your wonderful weight loss thus far..you should be sooo proud!
  • LINDA ~ now you can share with others here how you have succeeded so far; and get more personal support from them for the rest of your journey ... those last 20 lbs and maintenance ... Lots of Canadians here and many other very interesting groups too!