Help!!

• My craft night is having a Fondue party tonight. With all the usual fondues, broth, cheese, chocolate and all kinds of goodies for dipping.

I know I'll have to limit my food intake. I'm not having dinner and I'm going to look at my food guide to see what I have left to eat today. I'm hoping I can stick to it.

Anyone have any other tips.
  • This may be already posted on this forum here, so I hope I'm not repeating it. I got a diet tip from the internet about sucking on atomic fireballs when you are tempted to eat something and are trying not to. They are extremely hot and spicy (and spicy is more satisfying than bland), plus they are jawbreakers, so dissolve very slowly in the mouth, so you don't get much sugar or many calories from one jaw breaker. It might even last through the entire event (since I've never been able to keep one in my mouth too long...too hot!).

I cannot find them in my state, so will have to order them on-line. If you do have some in your area, it's worth a shot. If not, you could try some wooden toothpicks soaked in cinnamon oil (which any health food store should have). You don't need to walk around with a toothpick sticking out of your mouth. Break it in half and just keep it in your mouth and chew it slightly to release a flavor burst when you need it.

I'm going to try the fireballs in the evening when I crave food the most. I've made a temporary treat until I can get my fireballs. I mixed some vinigar with splenda and salt to make a really tangy sweet/sour sauce, and dip lettuce in it to snack on. Not too much salt. I also use this sauce to flavor low-fat cottage cheese during the day.