Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

First name: Olivia

Geographical location: Indiana, USA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: Six (yes, you read it right, six) cats and two dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, writing/roleplaying, reading...and I know there are other more interesting things but my mind is blanking.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, reddish brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2008

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 180ish

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to a plan long term/sticking to plan when life gets a little hectic or stressful.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: No matter how many times I mess up I will continue to move forward until I reach my goal. I'm taking it slower and focusing more on fitness and health then just getting smaller.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm pretty shy, but I love making new friends. =)
Old 10-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #407  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

Default Just Signed up this week:)

Default 20-Something Profiles
Shared by the 100lb Club forum -

Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information

First name: Airynn

Geographical location: Phoenix, AZ

Marital Status: Boyfriend lives in Ghana (sometimes wish I was living in sin though)

Children/Ages: maybe 2011

Pets: 1 Yorkie named Lesedi (means little light or star) 2yr old spoiled rotten little boy.

Hobbies/Interests: photography, hiking, reading, travel, chillin with friends

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:brown/blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2008

Starting Weight:250.3

Present Weight: 233.4

Goal Weight: 135 (really 130 or 125)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating healthy and exercising 6 days a week and it took me 6 months to lose 15lbs! Having thyroid checked for the second time.

Following any specific plan: HCG and exercize.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am healthy according cholestoral/blood pressure, but I want to be healthy for having kids and make it easier to buy clothes. I figure I'll do this now and then I will have my life for the rest of my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I lived in Africa for 2 years (I guess thus the African bf)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #408  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy daisy View Post
First name: Jaclyn

Geographical location: West Virginia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages:0

Pets: 2 Yorkies

Hobbies/Interests:Scrapbooking, Myspace, Camping, Photography

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9-24-09

Starting Weight:235

Present Weight:235

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself.

Following any specific plan: Counting Calories & Exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to....not I need to.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love making friends! Hope I become great friends with some on here!

Our stats are really close! Excited to see the progress!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #409  
Never Say Never

S/C/G: 233/210/135

Height: 5'2

First name: Dallana

Geographical location: California

Children/Ages: Twins 2 Sets girl/girl 8 boy/girl 5

Occupation: PBX Operator (You know the one that announces the codes over the PA system at the hospitals like a code blue cardiac arrest of a Patient)

Pets: just a GOLDFISH

Hobbies/Interests: Hmmmm...watching my kids at there karate classes and music classes and ballet and soccer and now doing my exercises cause i really am trying to lose weight.

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: eyes are brown hair is light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 12, 2009

Starting Weight: 233lbs

Present Weight: 224 lbs

Goal Weight: 140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my hypothyrodism combine with my lazyness

Following any specific plan: exercise and avoiding all red meat and no soda try to eat less and exercise more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i actually am making an effort

Anything else you would like to share with us: yes...i would like to say thank you...because without the support of all of YOU i dontthink i would be able to do this i dont think I would be able to say no to going to mc donald and getting a big mac or those french fries or just passing by the 7 eleven and buying a bag of hot fries and a coke now instead i decide i can put my exercise suit and turn on my ipod an dance around like crazy and just log on and tell all of you of my little crazy day and how much weigt i lost that week and get a congratulation and that will mean alot to me so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU GOD BLESS YOU because that to me will make a big difference once again THANK YOU!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #410  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

First name: Veronica

Geographical location: Arlington, TX

Marital Status: Living with the boyfriend....where my ring at?!?!?! haha

Children/Ages: None

Pets: A cute pap-pom (we think) named Harrison.

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, movies, traveling, and outdoorsy stuff to name a few.

Height: Almost 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: I have dark brown hair and Hazel eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 6th

Starting Weight: 277

Present Weight: 269

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE food! I wish it would just go straight through us! lol

Following any specific plan: I am counting calories (staying between 1200 and 1500) and working out!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im absolutely determined to do it. I dont want to fail again! I know that if I quit again Im going to gain the weight I lost back PLUS more and Im going to be that much bigger. Im sick and tired of being fat and depressed because none of my clothes fit! Im doing it this time...one day at a time and there are no excuses!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im so glad I found this site! Its amazing and so motivating. I REALLY want to be someone elses motivation when I get down to goal and am looking forward to helping others out with their goals! =)
Old 10-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #411  

First name (if you want to tell): Amy

Geographical location: Buffalo, NY

Marital Status: Long-Distance Boyfriend

Pets: 2 cats - Sugar and Sunny

Hobbies/Interests: Computer games, crocheting,

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Eye-- green, Hair-- light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: For years, but I've sucked at it, so lets say October 16th, 2009

Starting Weight: 282

Present Weight: 286

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: To stop eating junk food! And carbs in general.

Following any specific planry to stick to Atkins mostly - some (good) carbs here and there are ok, in low portions. Walking 5 days a week, increasing total time by 10% each week. Increasing speed/incline when my body can handle it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm hoping this time that I can commit to it. I've gotten down a good exercise routine, just need to stick to eating the right things. Also, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will be proposing this summer!
Old 10-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 248/191/150

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Austin ,Texas

Children/Ages: None ..yet

Pets: two cats ,scout and sadie

Hobbies/Interests: reading anything from comics to books, playing online, TV , music , concerts and of course eating.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes and brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sept 25th 2009

Starting Weight: 248

Present Weight: 239

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: french fries

Following any specific plan: counting calories and excercise
Old 10-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #413  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

Default Hello

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Eugene, Oregon

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: Biking, taking pictures, going to the beach

Height: 5.2

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes/ blond hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/18/09

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting below 180

Following any specific plan: Atkins
Old 10-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #414  
A double-chinned doctor.

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

First name: April

Geographical location: Madison, WI

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Bryn, a Boston terrier

Hobbies/Interests: interior design, hanging out with my dog and my friends, sports, anything not medicine related cuz that's practically all I do!

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes and light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hmmm...probably Spring 2006 initially

Starting Weight: 166

Present Weight: 163.5

Goal Weight: 135, but would be happy with <144

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: time, life stress, cheese

Following any specific plan: counting calories and excercise
Old 10-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 186.8/184/135

First name: Tiffany

Geographical location: Brooklyn, NYC

Marital Status: Living with boyfriend of 4+ years

Pets: A devilish little punk rock cat named Iggy

Hobbies/Interests: Theatre, literature and reading, writing fiction, knitting, cooking, singing and music

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel (changes colors from gray/blue to green to sort of goldish), Dark Brown currently

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My whole entire life... most recent start would be October 1st of this year

Starting Weight: 186.8

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not liking to exercise

Following any specific plan: Flat Belly Diet currently, I really like it, and I'm trying to exercise more. I am also incorporating Holistic Nutrition counseling and eating mostly whole foods and home-cooked meals, and organic/local as much as possible. I'm trying to limit alcohol.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I definitely have a goal in mind. I'm focusing a lot on healthy eating and trying to think about being consistant more than seeing results right now. That being said, I need to lose at least 20 pounds before some very important events in January!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #416  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

First name: Jessica
Geographical location: Alaska.
Marital Status: Married. 1 year, 2 months. (Squeal.)

Occupation: Au Pair. Yeah. Basically, I watch a friend's 11 month old. She wanted to go back to work as a Vet Tech and I needed a change from working for Sam's Club.

Pets: Two dogs. Seraphim (Sera), a 8 month Labrador x Siberian Husky. (Weighing in at 66 lbs.) And Jedidiah (Jedi), a 7 month German Shepherd x Alaskan Husky. (Weighing in at about 50 lbs. And he's still scrawny.)

Hobbies/Interests: Writing. The internet. Blogging. My puppies. Coding. RPing. MUSHing. Scrapbooking. Photography. Adoring my muppies. Facebook. My husband. Writing. National Novel Writing Month is coming up and I attribute it to being partly responsible for this. It's all about committing yourself to writing 1,667 words a day for thirty days. Funny. In order to reach 195 by Valentine's Day. I have to lose an average of 1.667 lbs a week. Tell me that isn't a sign. ^^

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, predominately green. Brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 13, 2009

Starting Weight: 230 lbs.
Present Weight: Um. 230 lbs. Well, 228.8 lbs.
Goal Weight: 135 lbs. Smack dab in the middle of the suggested weight range for my height and age.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Me. Having the discipline to stick with a work out program. Making myself make the time to take care of me.

Following any specific plan: Keeping a relative track of caloric intake. At least for the first few months. Primarily so I can get a feel for how many calories I'm actually ingesting with my favorite meals. Working out. A minimum of 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. Preferably at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hard to say. One. I'm starting this time as I gear up to go into NanoWrimo, writing 50,000 in 30 days at an average of 1,667 words a day. Nano, itself, requires a certain level of commitment I might not have otherwise. My husband's due home in 4 months and before he left, I promised myself that I'd make a strong effort to lose weight, eat healthier, and get in shape. It's 8 months later and, aside from the eating healthier part, I haven't made that effort. I don't want to keep breaking promises to myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love the challenge threads. It makes me commit to something. And coming in every week to update my progress makes me really hold myself accountable. I also love scouring through the pages and pages of success stories and before and after photos. They are beyond inspiring.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #417  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

First name: Kasia

Geographical location: Colorado

Pets: Permanent dog-sitter since I move around too much to have one of my own.

Hobbies/Interests: I love all sports and have generally been good at them, so I try to do at least one a season. Mostly, I play rugby (correction, have played, since I'm currently out with an injury) and have now picked up racquetball pretty seriously (since I can't play rugby for the time-being). I also love to sail and SCUBA dive, both of which are kind of hard to do at the foot of the Rockies so I'm working on moving somewhere that makes both of those possible. Other than that, I love to read, be a dork, and, I do admit, I love my television.

Height: 5'4.5'' that half inch is important

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish-gray eyes (that change color depending on what I'm wearing), light brown hair in the winter, platinum blond in the summer

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today (October 20, 2009)

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 218

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating out and drinking with friends. The rugby culture really doesn't help with that. So I'm going to have to have more willpower when I go out because I'm not giving the social aspect up at all.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, planning healthy meals, exercising regularly. Nothing specific, but just an all-around life change.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm turning 25 in a few months and I'm having a quarter life crisis. After telling myself for years that I'm going to lose weight and be healthier (and instead packing on even more pounds), I've decided that I can't continue on like this and be happy. So I guess the birthday is the trigger.

Last edited by augeremt; 10-20-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 297.8/275.8/180

Height: 5' 7"

First name: April

Geographical location: Lafayette, Indiana

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: swimming, reading, watching movies, walking, taking pictures, coffeshop concerts

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Light Brown (currently blond-highlighted)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 14, 2009

Starting Weight: 297.8

Present Weight: 275.8

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Addiction to fast food

Following any specific plan: 1200 calorie diet (1500-200 when plateuing) and 30-40 min of exercise 3-5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never attempted weight loss
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #419  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Malta

Pets: 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Films, Home improvements, hanging out with friends

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Green / Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 19/10/2009

Starting Weight: 182

Present Weight: 182

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Alcohol

Following any specific plan: Mediterranean diet / juicing / pescetarian

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Being less punishing to myself and more realistic

Anything else you would like to share with us: Love 3fc!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #420  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

First name: Heidi

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: In a relationship for 3yrs now

Children/Ages: not yet

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests: music, shopping, reading,

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today 10/22/09

Starting Weight: 252

Present Weight:252

Goal Weight: 180 (for now)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: giving up all of my favorite fast food places

Following any specific plan: watching what i eat

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i am more committed now that i have gained so much weight

Anything else you would like to share with us: it is very hard for me to lose weight i live with my dad so there is only the two of us and sometimes its cheaper to eat out then it is to cook. so not having fast food is going to be a major hurdel
Closed Thread