not even remotely a NSV :)

• so this has nothing to do with weight, weight loss, losing inches, etc.

but it's a victory nonetheless.

so basically, i listen to a lot of eclectic music, lots of instrumental, electronically produced, lots of hip hop, dubstep, etc. anyway......

there's this cd, dj vadim - u.s.s.r. the art of listening. and there's this track called l'art d'ecouter and TTC does the vocals. they are french hip hop artists from paris. but....

at the end of the track, there's this sick sick sample of really sultry female vocals. but a bit off, kind of distorted, definitely tweaked a bit. and i'm in love with the sample. but i had no idea who it was, what it was from, etc.

well, my frens, i did some detective work, and figured it out today. it's a cover of an old beatles song, "and i love her" done by sarah vaughan

i love when i figure music mysteries out.
  • Ahhh I love when I can figure things out too. It's like when you have something stuck in your head (What is the name of that song? Who played in that movie?) and then figure it out! Such a feeling of accomplishment...lol.
  • I also figured out that the theme song to the Dr Phil show was done by his son ! )
  • yeah i'm pretty good with sampling in songs, i can usually find out what the original was. even down to a beat, not just vocals.

one time, i heard this really nice melody hook on a commercial. like the horn of an old reggae song. i had nooooo idea what it was, but i liked it, and needed to find it out. and i could hear it over and over in my head. finally, i realized that i knew a track that sampled a sped up that horn melody. and i just had to do some digging, and i found it all out. total accomplishment.
  • Was it that target commercial song? haha
  • love the beatles. LOVE sarah vaughn... i'd like to hear that.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-WP00CtOM0

This song was once used on a commercial. I couldn't make out like.. ANY of the words, and it was SUCH an accomplishment when I figured it out, hahahaha.
    ...ignore the actual vid itself, it's just two random kids making a lip sync vid. Listen to the song tho, haha.

Good job on figuring out that song! I d'nno how you'd do it without vocals! DETECTIVE!
  • Quote: love the beatles. LOVE sarah vaughn... i'd like to hear that.
    http://musique.fluctuat.net/dj-vadim...r-t145772.html

just a sample. but you get the idea. the sarah vaughan part is at the end and i think it cuts off before that.
  • ha, I love TTC!!
  • Ahh I love doing this kinda stuff, songs and actors and films... love it! Awesome!
  • Quote: ha, I love TTC!!
    aml!!!! i wish we were real life friends.

you like any other french hip hop, i could go on for days....
  • Jelbb that song was hilarious... from the accent alone and words, I can tell its Jamaican. Nothing better than some random white kids imitating a Jamaican accent. That's some funny ****, gotta show that one to my husband! LOL!
  • Quote: aml!!!! i wish we were real life friends.

you like any other french hip hop, i could go on for days....
    yelle?