Besides CELERY, what's a 50 cal or under snack?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Besides CELERY, what's a 50 cal or under snack? That's what I have left for the day of my 1250 alloted calories. I can't think of anything!
  • teaspoon of peanut butter?

half an apple?

slice of cheese
  • There's already a thread in the calorie counters... oops

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157400
  • I forgot about low calorie Swiss Mocha, only 30 cal, that sounds good tonight, in the winter... it's snowing!
  • Dill pickles, chicken broth (10 cal per cup), part of a sugar free pudding (to make it under 50 cal), herbal tea...
  • Most raw veggies, LC cheese, Wasa cracker, hummus on a Triscuit, half of many fruits, 1/2c plain yogurt (with Splenda if desired), 1/2c of many dry cereals, Tide Me Over protein drink, 1/2 Flatout bread, 1/2 Light English Muffin, 1/2 mini bag of Healthy Pop popcorn, 1/2 100 calorie pack.
  • laughing Cow Lite cheese wedge 35 calories, non fat yogurt 60 calories, sugar free jello 10 calories.
  • I settled for chicken broth and a half of a Wasa cracker, under my 50 cal allotment... I remember a part of the book What Would Jackie Do (Jackie O of course) and when she dieted, and this wasn't the healthiest, she drank chicken broth (not just in an evening but for days with nothing else) to drop a few pounds. I can't believe I've acquired the taste for chicken broth let alone Wasa crackers.
  • My favorite I'm-still-hungry-but-almost-out-of-calories snack is a clementine. 35 calories and I make it take me a few minutes to eat it so it's really satisfying. I never ate them in America but I sure will when I move back!
  • 85g of broccoli florets is 25 calories, and a lot of broccoli so filliing...
  • A cup of strawberries is about 50 calories...
  • A cup of Cherry Tomato's is around 30 calories
  • Tuna. Tuna is a good weight loss food. lol It sucks that I can't stand the stuff...
  • Only way I can eat tuna is to spice it up, I found a great recipe in the Abs Diet where you cut up celery, add some spices and cheese and turn it into a melt. But plain, no can do. Didn't think about cherries or those little clementines.
  • - 25 grams reduced fat feta cheese
    - a small apple
    - half a slice of rye toast
    - 5 almonds
    - 40 grams low fat yoghurt
    - a carrot
    - a cup of broth (depends what kind, though)