Tomorrow is the Big Day

• Well my surgery is at 7:45 am tomorrow. I am nervous as all get out which I assume is normal? I am told I will be staying two nights- I am having the laproscopic bypass. I have packed a robe,socks, nightgowns and a loose coming home outfit. I also brought a couple books. Is there anything else I should take with me?

I am trying to calm my nerves with the wondeful broth I am getting to have today. It is so nice to sip something that has a good taste!!

Any last minute advice?

• I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK! I hope everything goes great for you and I will keep you in my prayers!

Dee
  • Hey Chunky, I'm originally from the KCMO area. I sure miss the city life!

I hope your surgery goes smoothly and without any complications. I haven't had WLS but I know some people who have. They have all said the hardest part is not being a patient, but having patience! Make sure you give yourself time to heal, and not to push yourself too hard at first. Best wishes.
  • WARM VIBES. HEALING THOUGHTS. will someone post for you and tell us how you're doing???

some folks took chapstick, and BE SURE TO PACK COMFY SLIPPERS! and your toothbrush/toothpaste [the hospital stuff is GROSS!!!!].

we'll be waiting to hear how you're doing. breathe. it's ok.
  • Go Chunky, Go Chunky, Go Chunky or soon to be renamed Chunkless1. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • Deep breath and hands in the air....WOOHOO!!!!

Sounds like between you and Jiffy, you have everything.

OOOOOOOOO can't wait to hear..."I'm on the other side and am in good health!" We're saving you a seat on the loser's bench!

Sending you good thoughts!

Angela
  • I found it handy to have my ipod so I can listen to some music. Also, make sure you bring your cell phone charger. I had also brought a pillow from home for a few reasons. More comforable than hospital pillows plus I used it to hug on the way home to ease the pain when going over bumps.
  • good luck!! My brother just had it yesterday and is doing great this morning. He was eating a bite of jello when mom talked with his wife. He is up walking already. He should go home tommorow.
  • yeah Brother! Glad to hear it dgramie!
  • GOOD LUCK !!!

Hope your recovery is gentle

Leenie
  • Chunky1
    Just wanted to wish you all the very best for your OP!
    I had mine on Saturday and I am back home now,
    Its not that bad at all. I am doing well and no longer taking painkillers, I came home yesterday afternoon. I still feel all bloated but feeling better every hour.
    Good luck hunnie!! XXX
  • Hope it went well & that you’re on the mend.
  • Good luck and Be well....Congratulations.