Walking half marathon

• Today i finished my second ever walking half marathon. Has anyone else done these? Anyone interested in completing? I'm still very heavy and am just happy to finish at this point. Please let me know your thoughts....
  • I've never done a walking half marathon. I've gone hiking but longest hike I've done is probably around 7 miles.

I did start running recently and I just finished my first 5k. I plan to train for a 10k next year and possibly a half marathon.
  • Congratulations .... walking a half marathon is a real achievement .... I've jogged a couple las year.... but my jogging as eased of a bit lately ... as I'm tryong the weights and cardio exercise plan at the moment ....
  • Yes -- I walked my second half marathon. I participated in the event with my 3 siblings. Since two of us were runners, and two were NOT, we decided to walk it all together. It took us about 4 hours. Frankly, I was more tired after walking one than running one!! I actually got a couple of blisters, and I never get blisters from running a half. My hat's off to the walkers, because it is not easier ... you are on your feet and moving for much longer. It is just as difficult as running, if not more so, IMO.
  • Quote: Yes -- I walked my second half marathon. I participated in the event with my 3 siblings. Since two of us were runners, and two were NOT, we decided to walk it all together. It took us about 4 hours. Frankly, I was more tired after walking one than running one!! I actually got a couple of blisters, and I never get blisters from running a half. My hat's off to the walkers, because it is not easier ... you are on your feet and moving for much longer. It is just as difficult as running, if not more so, IMO.
    Interesting!