Anyone following the case about that boy in Tracy?

• Things in this case are very confusing. I feel for the kid. Yes, he was troubled, but geez louise! The way he's been treated over the last few years is incredible!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAAG14GOOG.DTL

I can only imagine how afraid the people at the gym felt when he wandered in. They must have been afraid that someone with a gun must be behind the kid.
  • A friend of mine has a term for people who would do something like this: oxygen thieves.

My God, that poor child.
  • My god. That is appalling.
  • I never heard till i just read this, but wow, i wonder what goes through peoples minds that do that sort of thing, that poor boy is probably going to be messed up now
  • I just hope that he gets what he needs in foster care and finds a good home and not be bounced around like I was. He only has a year, or less, to get the information he needs to survive, socialize, cook and just be a care-free adult before going out into the world.
  • I think the saddest thing is that they say he looks more like a 12 year old, so his growth and development probably have been severely stunted by the abuse and neglect. So physically, mentally and emotionally, he's probably more like a 12 year old, but the system is likely going to treat him like an "almost 18" year old." Or he's going to be shuttled into the "developmentally disabled" category, which could mean long term institutional care (and boy does quality of care vary from region to region).

Some institutions will try to prepare him for life, and others are more warehousing situations.