Leftover ideas for meatloaf?

• Hey chicks,

Yesterday I made four turkey meatloaves. I froze two and cooked two. Today I have a little more than 3/4 of one left and I want to do something other than slice it and put it on a plate. Other than sandwiches...

any ideas?

TIA
  • Hrmmm...

Maybe you can chop one up into little strip-type pieces, then make a stir fry with some soy sauce, green beans..mushrooms etc?

Also, perhaps you can cut it up into small pieces and serve it cold in a caesar-salad type dish. Mmmm

Ummmm - even, cut it into 'fun' shapes (being creative here) and grill the shapes with some seasoning like oregano or pesto on top - you can call them turkey triangles.

Just some ideas
  • Crumble or chop and add to your favorite tomato sauce to top pasta. I often do 1/2 whole wheat or high fiber pasta and half frenched green beans to lower the calories and still have nice volume.

Cube up and toss into broth with vegetables for a light soup. Add some canned garbanzos or a few noodles to make it heartier if you like.
  • I love meatloaf.

I dice it for meatballs in sauce with spaghetti, or add into soups as tommy suggested.

I've put it in the bottom of a baking pan or pie pan and add cooked veggies (peas, carrots, green beans, broccoli, whatever) and top with mashed potatoes and a bit of cheese and broil for Shepherd's pie

I've mashed it up and stirred in barbecue sauce to make a sloppy joe sauce and served it on a baked potato.

Hubby likes it cut in small cubes and stirred into boxed mac and cheese

I've mashed it and stirred in taco seasonings and pinto, black, or refried beans - for tacos or taco salad.

I've mashed and stirred into eggs for scrambled eggs or used as an omellete filling.

It's a sandwhich - but not an ordinary sandwhich. I'll put swiss cheese and sometimes even sauteed onions and mushrooms with the meatloaf slices and then grill the sandwhich - sort of like a patty melt (haven't done that in a long while as it's not very health-conscious), or in the George Foreman grill like a panini.
  • these are GREAT ideas!! Thank you very much!

I'm not sure which direction I'll go with tonight but they will all get some play in my kitchen

chicks, you rock!
  • I'll third the pasta and sauce suggestion. What is a meatloaf, anyway, except a whole bunch of meatballs pressed together into a loaf?

I use cubes of leftover meatloaf in pasta sauce as a lunch leftover all the time!

• Make taco's with the meat