Week of April 28th!! Let's Stay on Program all week long!

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Hello All

It's been rainy and cool here and I've been battling a sinus thingy, I haven't really gotten sick just felt icky so I haven't exercised all week . I really need to get back on that wagon. Eating wise I've been doing better though.

As for the picture thing, it was an exercise in self esteem (part 2 of her 3 week saga), we didn't have to show the pictures and it was just to help visualize what you think of yourself anyway.....

Don't have time to respond to everyone, I can smell dinner cooking . I'll just say welcome new comers, I had figured a bottle of wine at 12 pts I'll have to double check, RR CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Go Redwings!

- Tech
  • RR: congrats!

Tech: hope your feeling better - I've been getting over strep and I feel much better now.

This morning Ginger-dog and I did 2 miles and this evening my 5 yr old Weston did 1 mile with me and the Ginger-dog. 2 days in a row - I'll doing good!

Ford called, they have to order the parts for my transmission so it won't be done until wed evening or thurs morn. This is pretty sad - Ford will be hearing from me. I borrowed a car today so I could at least run to the grocery store for a few things. Did do a lot of yard work today - being stuck at home has its benefits.

- jul
  • Hi all!! According to the scale monster I 've lost another 3 pounds Yippee. Now, I lost even though I was WAY over on Saturday with those darn FF oreos. How did that happen? I'm not complaining, just confused. Does anyone know the points for fresh coconut? I looked it up in the book and all it says is 0 for 1 tsp shredded. Only had about a tablespoon size piece but I'm not sure how to count it!! I stocked up on fresh fruit and veggies today so I've lots of nice low point stuff around. I ate almost 1/2 box of grape tomatoes while I was cleaning/preparing and putting away all the stuff!!

RR: Congratulations!! I know you must be excited.

Welcome to the newbies!! You will find lots of support here. Just jump in and start gabbing. That's what the rest of us do.

Gotta go call my mom. Bye!! Have a nice evening!!

• Hi All,

I'm really busy at work...what else is new, I'm either busy, or bored to tears...just wanted to pop in and say...

CONGRATULATIONS VICKI!!!!!

I'm soo happy it's official now!!
  • Hi everyone - I just have time for a quick hello and of course Congratulations to RR!!! I'm thinking about you and praying that everything goes smoothly!!

As for me, I'm excited because my husband and I saw a house last night that we both like and can actually afford!! It's not perfect or in an area we had previously thought about living but it's a great "starter home". It's 3 bedrooms, in perfect condition with a nice kitchen, beautiful hardwood floors, central air and parking for our 2 cars (hard to find in the area). We're going back tomorrow to check it out in greater detail. Any tips or hints on what we should check out??

Sorry I can't reply to everyone, just too nervous/excited because it's the first house we both liked!!

Have a great day everyone and welcome to the new people,
    Elisa
  • hi all. Doing fine here. Weather is great.

RR - Congratulations!

Jul - hooray for the exercise!

Karen - Yeah on the loss!

Elisa - woohoo on the house! Hope it all works out.

Rabbit
  • Elisa- I had this long bulleted list that I typed up, and I lost it...something about no thread...ARGH... When I have more time and patience, I'll do it again.
  • RR - Congratulations!! What an exciting time in your life. I hope you will be richly blessed in this experience.

Rabbit - Glad you are having great weather. Hope it continues.

LBH - At least you have time to check in.

Karen - Congrats on the continued loss.

Jul - Good for you on your exercise.

Tech - I hope you are feeling better.
  • Among the many things you should check is how the toilets flush and water pressure. I never thought to check water pressure here and its lousy. We're at the top of the cliff and share a well with a lot of other houses. The water pressure at the bottom of the cliff is great. I prefer showers that can throw me up against the back wall (no wonder I love to stay in hotels). - jul
  • Jul - I did think of the water pressure but thanks - I like a good shower too and you forget how good you have it living in a high rise like I am.

LBH - thanks for trying and I'd still love to hear your advice when you have time.

Rabbit - nice to see you popping in.

I'll keep you all posted! Thanks.

Elisa
  • Hello again I really need to post regularyhuh? I thought my 1 1/2 mile was 1 1/2 miles and guess what? I am walking 2 miles!! I didn't want to go today but i got this big butt moving and was glad that I did. I AM doing the Operation OFB 2002 and on way back I was hating doing that hill again. I was so happy to of done it though.
    Backfor I love what you said about the asparagus I am in that 80 % and dh is in the 20 %. It is the only time I can stink him outta the bathroom!
    I hope everyone had a great day. Drink that water! Oh I agree about the lemon in it. I seem to lose better drinking it that way too. Daphne
  • Boy do I hate TOM - should be able to come "out of the closet" so to speak in a day or two.

RR: YIPPEEEEE..............

Elisa: I am so excited for you about the house! I have no idea what to check, but this site might be a start

www.homeadvisor.msn.com/homes/inspection/aspx

Let us know what happens!

Rabbit: I am jealous about your weather. Maybe send a little this way? Have fun on your trip!

Lyssa: Hope you are doing ok dealing with the relationship issues. It is not easy - especially when you remove your crutch (food). Hope talking about it helped. We are here for you! Congrats on the loss.

Karen: 3 lbs - Great! No idea on the coconut. Good job stocking up on fruits and veggies!

LBH: You poor thing, hope it slows down for you soon. Any word about the other job?

Tech: Hope you are feeling better. Yeay on the food. GL with the exercise

Pryia: How can you sound so cheerful with TOM??? Also, do you know of a way of preventing yourself from eating an entire batch of cookies at the onset of TOM short of flushing them??? Help me out, I'm cracking here....

Nanci: Glad the w/e was so great. Is this asparagus thing really true? To me, it seems like one of those weird stories people make up to see if you fall for it. What does it smell like???

Jul: Yeay on the walking and running. Isn't it amazing how a little depression can pack on the lbs? We are getting back though - yeay! You have come so far - Great Job!

Nanci's post made me realize that I think I always forget to say something (if you can believe it). You guys are the best. I don't think I could have ever come this far without this group and you all inspire me to do more! Thanks - from the heart.
  • 2 plus miles this morning and 1/2 mile this evening. The only bad part of the day was the brownies - oops!

- jul
  • Why am I happy at TOM? Gotta be the man I met. Has to be!! I REALLY like him. He is all I think about some times. I can only hope he likes me to. Can not tell yet! But our kids like each other.

I get funky cravings....sweet and salt. Not chocolate sweet. But licorice and chips those kinds.

Plus I usually have HUGE losses the TOM week. So how can you not be happy!!

RR- CONGRADS on the NINO news!!!

Was short on points today! Had 22 should of had 26. But can't help it. Not in the mood for food!!
  • Hi again I havea few minutes topost. I get the same craving Pryia. I crave those salt and vinegar chips. I can always tell when TOM is coming because they end upinmy cart some how? Those dang grimlins I think do it to me. I have had about 10 cups of water today and tired of getting rid of it! I have to getmy walk in early tomorrow because I am headed North to Seattle to take Megan to the Doctors. A 2 hour drive each way really sucks.2 hours at the Dr too? I will be home about 6:30 or 7 ish and would love to walk if Jason gets to come home with us and not work. I will do my walk when Megan leaves for school still. Is that shelfish to send the kids to school for 2 hours so I can do my walk and take a shower? Call me selfish then! I hope to post in the morning! Daphne