Turning 63

• Hi, I am feeling pretty sad right now. I am having a birthday and I am ashamed to say I have never been so big. I am fearful of seeing relatives and friends who have not seen me this big. Sugar addiction is brutalizing. I seem unable to stop. I read the book some years ago but do not have it now and to say the least I have not done any of the right things.

I need support in getting started.
  • Happy Birthday!
    Any day above ground is a reason to celebrate. Love the body that has carried you this far. Try to focus on taking care of yourself (rather than size, maybe?). Be patient with yourself and give yourself time to find what works for you.
  • I agree, try not to focus on your "size" (i know that's hard) but instead focus on the baby steps it takes to make the change you are wanting. I know exactly how you feel, i was there myself last year, and sad to say, but i am still working on getting back to the a simbulance of the old me.
  • Welcome to the forum!

You're not alone. Please keep posting, and let us know how we can help you.
    Have you tried the South Beach diet?
  • HI, Happy Birthday. Let this be your best, healthiest year ever! No time like the present to take controle. We're never too young or too old to change the way we take care of ourselves. And you can take controle and lose weight. I know! I'm 60, almost 61 and I lost weight. If you would like an E-Mail buddy let me know.

I also post over on the 50+ site. Come on over and join us for support! It's always good to talk to other people who are going through the same thing you are. Especially if they are the same age. Because, as you know, it is a bit harder for us "older" ladies. But it can be done and we're proof!

Looking forward to seeing you there.