2009, judy, xan, max c'mere ...

• do you guys want to start some sort of new years challenge thing?
  • What might you have in mind? I am typically not that wild about "certain weight by a certain time" challenges - since as we all know we are not 100% in control of what the scale says week to week. Behavior based challenges can be fun. And I assume it's open to the whole board, right?
  • hey judy

i am pretty much open to anything really..... i was hoping to find a way to combine a support group with something fun...ya know?
  • Thanks for the invite, but I've failed on so many "lose so much by this date" attempts that I'm laying low I've been losing at a ridiculously slow pace, but I've been LOSING, and I'll stick to that.
  • hey zan,

i wasnt trying trying to create a "lose by date" thing, but more of a support thing....

perhaps challenge is the wrong word?
  • rewrite:

ok i guess "challenge" wasnt a good word to use here so i take it back. i kinda mean more of a support group
  • I am in menopause and lose so slowly! I am afraid my days of "lose this much weight by a certain date" type thing are over!

If you can define the challenge, count me in! I just rejoined WW only to find they are changing the program again. Like my username? - heh heh - I am giving myself a positive boost for their new program (Momentum) for the new year. Gearing up for the change and very happy. I'm all for change. Anyway, glad to be here.
  • I'd be willing to join. I have already joined one of the Christmas challenges weight wise. Support would be great this time of year.

Happy Gobble Day. I will have to be ULTRA careful today as I hit a new decade this morning---159.5! Yep, I know I am "barely" there!

Momentum, I went to one WW meeting and was completely insulted and I would say "attacked" by the stupid facilitator. She kept asking me questions (4 rounds of questioning) in front of the group and when I would answer she would just tell me why I was wrong. ALL I wanted to do that day was WATCH how it the meetings worked. Needless to say, I left and did not sign up--that was 40 pounds ago so I guess I wasn't completely stupid. I have found good support here and one other website I blog on occasionally.

I have found surrounding myself (even just here in the virtual world) with like minded, health focused people to be my "weapon of choice" when dealing with weightloss. So, yep, I would be down for more of it!

Happy Gobble Day
  • Thighs, I am so sorry you had a bad experience.

Some leaders are better than others. If she really insulted you, you should complain to the administrative office. What did she ask you?

For me, I've found I need the meetings. It took me a long time to admit that. I think it's nice to fellowship with others who are going through the same thing.
  • For support, please join us on the Chat thread. We set a new one weekly (runs Monday through Sunday).

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • hi you two

im sorry ive not been here

hope everyone had a great turkey day

i just wanted to get something going...anything really so im afraid i had nothing speific in mind....

thighs--- im sorry you had a bad experienced. in fact i would definitely suggest you report her! thats aweful theres some great leaders out there and anything that bad neds to be brought to attention.