Help!!

• My uncle is going away to africa the day before thanksgiving, so today saturday were having a thanksgiving dinner with him, we ware also celebrating thanksgiving on the regular day with others. I have two thanksgiving dinners (with the works) what am i going to do! i thought i was going to have a hard time with one!
  • Well...
    Bump up your cardio, watch your portions, and enjoy.
  • I agree with Nish... remember moderation and no seconds.
  • First helping: lotsa vegetables and salad, and little bits of everything else. It'll hopefully make you so full that you don't want to go for seconds. And exercise . Or if they only make truly fatty dishes you could offer to contribute something yourself too.
  • thanks guys that helps, i actually just did an hour on the eliptical, hopefully that will balance out for what I will eat today, and if the turkey dosent get to me, i think ill do some more tonight, i like the idea of loadin the veggies to help be stay stuffed, thanks everyone
  • That's my plan for Thanksgiving...load up on the veggies. I told my MIL yesterday that I was definitely going to bring the veggie tray & that way I will be full up on veggies before dinner even starts.

Just don't beat yourself up today. This is a part of life & you just have to eat in moderation. And according to this website I just went on, an hour on the elliptical means you burned 864 calories so I would say that's pretty great! Enjoy yourself today & don't get too worked up over it. One day will not end your journey.
  • I'm in the same boat because my grandpa has dialysis on thanksgiving so we are doing it the next day, but I'm going to my friend's house for the actual day. Just try to be really strict on one of the days, and if you must taste a sweet or something not so great allow yourself to have a LITTLE only on one of the days...thats what I'm going to do. Drink plenty of water and eat the veggies beforehand so you want snack!
  • Thank you for all your help guys! I wanted to let you know how thanksgiving one went! I loaded my plate with veggies and kept the rest of the stuff to my normal portions, for some reason Owen (my older son) didnt want his own plate so i let him share of mine, so i ended up not eating all of it anyway, and when it came time for desert i had a scoop of vanillia ice cream and a literal sliver of pie, more of just a taste, and im on my way to the treadmill right now! I swear i couldnt do this without u guys
  • Oh wow! You did great I'm not sure I could effect that amount of willpower at a family dinner. You inspire me!
  • Think of it as a regular meal, not as "thanksgiving"- which I'm sure you (like the rest of us) associate with eating a ton. Take a normal sized portion, focusing on foods you know to be low cal, like veggies. One Plate. Just one. Have a light but filling breakfast (oatmeal's a good idea) and a snack/lunch depending on what time of day you're eating the "big meal", so you don't feel starving when its time to sit down. Watch out for the extras- butter, creams, desserts, gravies, and you'll be just fine.
  • kelly your so right! It really is just another meal!