Treating yourself

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I am on the Abs Diet, so I get one "eat whatever want/dream of/crave" Meal per week.

I've been on this plan for almost a week and the biggest thing I've noticed is I don't crave chocolate and chips. I don't crave the junk food like I used to, this is a huge thing for me, because I have a very difficult time resisting carbs, especially on night shifts. I'm actually not even craving them! This plan has the most delicious, whole/natural, healthy foods and I never go hungry, my energy is through the roof and my workouts are so strong!

Bonus: I'm down 2.5lbs!
  • I guess in some ways I don't truly treat myself treat myself, because I usually let myself have what I want, when I want it. But, I've really worked with myself on what I REALLY "want". If I didn't want a food before I see it, I don't have it, etc. And, I just stick with small portions of things that aren't healthy.

I have to log my calories every single day though... that's a big rule of mine. Because as soon as I loosen the reins on that.... let's just say things get ugly!
  • hmm.. interesting ideas.

I do 1200 calories a day (having a hard time, but woke up this morning COMMITED!) so I have NO extra calories for any "treats". I just don't.

I like the idea of having a "higher-calorie Wednesday" when I can buy a candy bar (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - OMG!) or something. I tend to get all gung-ho and I do great for a week or two then I binge because I can't stand it anymore. This might help with that.
  • I don't have a full day but I do have a yummy meal on Sunday afternoon--something I really enjoy. Sometimes I will eat 1/2 Sunday and the other 1/2 Monday.

I treat myself in LOTSAH other weighs though. Hot baths, massage, handbags, high heels, a new lipstick, whatever! My hubby ain't complainin' a bit. He is happy to see me take an interest in myself for a change. Before I was buying stuff for the kids or stuff for the house.
  • Southlake, yes I must log every bite, every single day too. What an eye opener it is.
  • i could'n do this whole journey without treating myself once a week so since i started, and restarted i have a "free'' meal, usually dinner when i treat myself ,and eat what i'm craving for the whole week.
    i'm trying not to count the calories for that meal but i make sure i eat less the next day i'm not going for a whole chocolate bar or cheesecakes or anything fancy with many manyyyy calories
  • DH has a very large, very close knit family. There is a birthday party every other week. Those are my "treat" days. (by treat i mean i eat sensible amounts of something I would normally avoid like the plague)
  • I will treat myself every once in a while, somtimes its a meal and othertimes its a whole day...but oncei treat myslef with a whole day i usually dont want to get back on track and then my one day ends up being a few days and then i am mad at myself because i gain some weight back...i do hear from people it is good to challenge your body and eat over your calorie alottment once a week or so just so your body does not think you are starving it! I dont think its a bad iead..i just am sticking with my calories for now, im too afraid to blow it!
  • i sorta turned off my tendency to label foods "treat" or "bad" or "good." not on purpose, just sort of evolved over the years. obviously there are better choices and "could be better" choices. i seriously have cookies and chips and ice cream in my house (bf) and just rarely go for it... maybe because i know i can if i want? i dont know! strange phenomenon.
  • Hehe I guess I didn't make clear what exactly I meant about my free day. I generally will have a small breakfast, small lunch, then go out with my friends (since my free day is every Friday) and I won't worry about what I'm ordering for dinner, and sometimes we'll split dessert. But I try to keep it pretty light for the rest of the weekend. I didn't mean a giant binge day, my delicate tummy couldn't take it

But I've adjusted my free day for Thursday this coming week, SOO excited for Thanksgiving I can't take it.