Lean Cuisine Recall

• I read that Lean Cuisine has recalled almost 900,000 frozen meals that contain chicken bc they may contain small peices of plastic. I know some of you all eat them on a reg basis ( I know I do ) and thought I'd pass this info on to you.
  • These are supposed to be the affected products:

"9.5 ounce packages of Lean Cuisine Pesto Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta with a Best Before date of MAY 2010

10.5 ounce packages of Lean Cuisine Chicken Mediterranean with a Best Before date of SEP 2010, OCT 2010 or NOV 2010

12.5 ounce packages of Lean Cuisine Chicken Tuscan with a Best Before date of SEP 2009, OCT 2009 or NOV 2009

Each package also bears a USDA mark of inspection and the establishment number EST P-9018."

Jay
  • Thanks for heads up! I dont think I have any...(I'm weird about reheaded chicken) but I'll double check tonight.
  • This stinks. I'll have to be on the lookout.
  • Wow! Thanks for sharing! And I was just mentally thanking Lean Cuisine for helping me on my weight loss journey. Luckily I don't have any of the meals that contain chicken, but still....
  • Accidents happen. They have identified the affected products and are recalling them. That doesn't mean the whole brand is no good...

Jay
  • Yeah, and surly the bad ones are out of stores by now.
  • OMG, I absolutely lost it reading this ...

Quote:
    (I'm weird about reheaded chicken)
    Reheaded Chicken??!!??

Yeah I am pretty weird about that too. Once the heads taken off, it cant be pretty putting it back on.
  • Good looking out! I love Lean cuisines, but I haven't bought those particular ones. Thanks for the heads up!