Weekly Chat Nov 17 - 23

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • Hey Girls,
    I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very busy and I didn’t get much homework done. Friday I went with my roommate to see The Secret Lives of Bees, it was a good movie but slightly depression. Saturday I was a witness in a mock trial competition which meant I had to get up super early and spend all day helping out. At least my friends made it to the final two, which means another day of competition but they were really underdogs, so it is really good. Then off to my sisters to help her around the house because she is still recovering from surgery. Every time she apologizes I tell her that she will give it back when I have surgery.

Now I’m behind on homework so I get to struggle all week to catch up. Oh sometimes life is so fun like that.
  • Quote: Hey Girls,
    I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very busy and I didn’t get much homework done. Friday I went with my roommate to see The Secret Lives of Bees, it was a good movie but slightly depression. Saturday I was a witness in a mock trial competition which meant I had to get up super early and spend all day helping out. At least my friends made it to the final two, which means another day of competition but they were really underdogs, so it is really good. Then off to my sisters to help her around the house because she is still recovering from surgery. Every time she apologizes I tell her that she will give it back when I have surgery.

Now I’m behind on homework so I get to struggle all week to catch up. Oh sometimes life is so fun like that.

I hear ya about the homework,I have 60+ pages of my textbook to read before a class tomorrow and its all on IT, control environments, etc. I just want to fall asleep everytime I open it. Alas I signed up to be accountant so it comes with the territory I guess.
  • As a side note, I have been so hungry the past couple of days. It seems no matter what I eat like 2 hours later I am hungry again. This morning I had a bowl of honey nut cherrios and milk at about 630, and then I get out of class at 9 and my stomach is going RAAAAWWWWRRRRR feed me. So I had an apple and now starting to get the hunger pains again. Ugh this is really getting old.
  • Good morning! ( <-- it looks like I'm peppy, but that is not the case this early)

Sorry I've been out of commission for a while, but with the new dog, he literally will not let me do anything except pay attention to him. Which is fine since I adore him. So as for me, things have been good. This weekend was a good weekend. Yesterday my pa came over and we put up some fences so Doc (my dog) can't get out of the yard or into the dirt in the garden. I love my dad, I don't know what I'd do without him.

And Saturday I had coffee and dinner with an old friend (!!!). This was huge since I hadn't seen him in 5 years, and even though I thought I'd be nervous, I was mostly just excited and happy to see him. I can't even begin to explain all of the feelings that passed through me when I was with him (I was NOT expecting this at all, and I have no idea what to make of it). He lets me say the things I want/need to say and his responses are honest. Our lives, over the years, have been quite parallel in the ups and downs even though we've had very little contact. I spent many, many moments finding myself just staring at him, like he wasn't really there. It was totally bizarre and unreal. I guess I'm still processing.

Anyways.....

RHTS -- I kinda wanted to see that Bees movie, and maybe I'll just wait til it comes out on video.

Bee20nine -- I usually read before bed to get the in the sleepy-zone. But it sucks when you need to read something and you don't want it to make you tired. Coffee, or soda, and an uncomfortable chair helps too.
  • Bee20: I had to take accounting 1 and 2 as part of my degree and it was sooooooo boring and time consuming. Just the word 'accounting' makes me shudder....UGH! I'm taking cost accounting in the Spring....not looking forward to it.

I had a binge free weekend though we went out to eat a couple of times. I didn't get my usual full plate of soul food; just a catfish sandwich and some fries and then later we shared some nachos. I'm not feeling too bad about that right now. And we did some major walking around Emeryville and Berkeley so that has to count. This is week 6 since I last stepped on the scale and it's starting to get a point where I don't ever want to again. But I told myself that I will weigh in next Wednesday...yep before thanksgiving to see where I stand on my 20lbs before the end of the year goal.

Took my final on Friday and turned in my report and presentations so I am DONE for 2 weeks. I can nano with abandon and stop using homework as an excuse not to workout.
  • Bella: I was wondering what happened to you. Whenever I see the trailor for Twilight, I think of you. I can't wait to see it.
  • Quote: Bee20: I had to take accounting 1 and 2 as part of my degree and it was sooooooo boring and time consuming. Just the word 'accounting' makes me shudder....UGH! I'm taking cost accounting in the Spring....not looking forward to it.

I had a binge free weekend though we went out to eat a couple of times. I didn't get my usual full plate of soul food; just a catfish sandwich and some fries and then later we shared some nachos. I'm not feeling too bad about that right now. And we did some major walking around Emeryville and Berkeley so that has to count. This is week 6 since I last stepped on the scale and it's starting to get a point where I don't ever want to again. But I told myself that I will weigh in next Wednesday...yep before thanksgiving to see where I stand on my 20lbs before the end of the year goal.

Took my final on Friday and turned in my report and presentations so I am DONE for 2 weeks. I can nano with abandon and stop using homework as an excuse not to workout.
    Good job on the weekend. I wish I had my nano back, my bf took it apart yesterday to "fix" it and sent me pictures. Lets just say that I will probably be getting a new one. I love him dearly but fixing is not his strong suit unless its a diesel engine.

I LOVED cost accounting, its very different than financial accounting. Its still the journal entries and stuff but its more on the managerial side of things and for me it was way more practical than financial, or audit. I think thats why I like tax so much is because it is also different and more practical. I can see the immediate effects of what I am doing after a transaction.

Yes I am a nerd, just not a bean counter LOL.
  • Bee20: LMAO! Nano as a verb...as in nanowrimo. I have yet to get all high tech about it and get an ipod...yeah I know; what is WRONG with me? I'm still rocking a sony disc man--the same one I got for Christmas in 2000.
  • Hi everyone!

Bee20nine: You sound a bit like a friend of mine . She has studied fiscal law (do you call it that in English? I mean she took the fiscal branch of Law studies). She works for a fairly big enterprise now and she is so enthusiastic about it, she really likes her work. I don't think I'd find it fun but I'm very glad for her because she has found her dream job. And on the other hand: when she had to see ill patients all day she'd probably start attacking them with her reflex hammer at the end of the day. To each their own, I guess.

Cali: Sounds like a great weekend .

Bella: I can totally understand that a dog is way more interesting than forums like these . Keep us tuned on how he / she is doing!

RHTS: I hope you can squeeze in workouts when you are so busy. Good luck with the homework.

Kelli: Thanks for posting that . It really helped me to see things more into perspective. No relationship is definitely better than a bad relationship.

Iconised Ghost: What a cute swimsuit! They call that a tankini around here. Is that print silver? It looks really chique.

My weekend was not so good... I have posted extensively about my frustrations in last week's thread, the bottom line is that I hate being single. I went to my parents because the idea of being alone half saturday and the entire sunday didn't exactly appeal to me. But they exercised less than they do usually and I snacked a lot (BIG dinner with dessert, small piece of creamy pie, about 3 sweets and a glass of soft drink). It's over, I won't worry about it any more but I really need to do better next week. I bought a lot of veggies to help me and learned something about the nutritional value of nuts along the way (600 cal in half a packet? Wow.). Tonight is aquarobics night and tomorrow I have planned running, but it is quite cold outside. I'm not sure I'll be able to kick myself out of my bed for it. Can someone kick my butt about this? Please? I really need to run more, I didn't do it at all last week.
  • Quote: Bella: I can totally understand that a dog is way more interesting than forums like these . Keep us tuned on how he / she is doing!
    Haha, I wouldn't say more interesting, just more demanding. When he jumps on the couch every time I sit down to the computer (literally, every time) I just become exhausted.

I hear you about being single. I mean, even though, for the most of my life, that's how it's been. Maybe the key is to not give up hope, and visualize the things that you want? And veggies are good!!

Quote: Bella: I was wondering what happened to you. Whenever I see the trailor for Twilight, I think of you. I can't wait to see it.
    Friday! Yeah, I'm still super excited. And curious to see if it's huge around here. I'm guessing it will be.
  • Hi girls!!!!

I am still pretty busy with my show - this is our last weekend and we have a pick up dress rehearsal on weds so I have the next two days off (THANK GOD!)

My eating has been okay this weekend. Everyone wants to go out after the show so I have had a few drinks and three slices of pizza within the last 4 days... ugh. And yesterday the boy and I were so stupidly tired we went out for both lunch and dinner and I got a naked taco salad from qudoba and then a 6 inch turkey sub from subway. Both not anywhere near 400 calories each so I got to throw in some bacardi and diet coke which and it was refreshing to have a lazy day!

Today is back in the saddle writing everything down in my Food Planning thread. I think I only went over my calorie count yesterday by 38 so I am not sweating it but I know I need to crunch down.

I don't have time for personals (again! - I am so sorry!!!) But I will try and get to them this week when I am in the computer lab for school!
  • RHTS - Sounds like you had a fun (busy) weekend. Starting off behind sucks but if your like me a little deadline is quite a motivator!

bee20nine - Wow accounting, better you than me girly! Get to reading...Maybe try some whole grains. I've heard they fill you up a lot more.

Bella - That meeting with your old friend sounds amazing, I'll be excited to hear what comes of it!

cali - Binge free weekend! Congrats, I'm envious...

elwing - Weekends are my toughest time too. Your right the weekend is OVER we must move forward. Yeah nuts are really calorie packed I remember when I first found this out lol...

As for me:

Weekend was a disaster eating wise. Binged on Friday night and felt so guilty I keep it up with my "start on monday mentality" all weekend. I don't even want to think about the damage I did. On a positive note I did finish processing a wedding which was a little over deadline. Also got the album I finished last weekend ordered and on its way. Husband bought me new running shoes which I love! So I got my week 2 day 3 done of the c25k program and am on to week 3. This is a new week a new start. With TBL challenge going on in the threads I am hyped up and ready to get to losing!

My new babies...

• Hey everyone! I'm back. I was so sick last week. I was in the hospital once and had to see the doctor another time after that.

I finally have been eating again. I exercised yesterday but I lower back is hurting. I'm not sure what's up with that, maybe from laying down so much? I have to figure out how to wean myself off of Rocky Road ice cream. It was like the only thing I ate while I was sick. lol Fun times.

I'm back at work for the first time in a week. There was a rumor going around that I got fired or quit. lol I was like um I was sick. Then some of the people in the plant told me I looked skinny and that they can really tell I've lost weight. Which of course made me feel good. The boy at work told me that he really missed me while I was gone, and he said it in front of our boss. lol It was kinda embarrassing, but nice. He keeps coming by my desk making sure I'm ok and telling me how different it was without me there. So I feel pretty good.

Remember- Sounds fun about the mock trial. Did you get to do it too?

Taylor- I'm so glad the play is going well. I've been wondering!

Cali- All I read of your post was soul food and I starting day dreaming! I can't wait til I'm in the south next month.... I'm going to have to be good but there's somethings I don't get here that I'm going to have to have in Arkansas. I'm glad you had a good weekend.

Steph- We can just call that "calorie cycling". I love your new shoes!

Bella- It sounds like you had so much fun with this boy. Are you all just friends? or was there something from the past? Do tell!

Beenie- I'm so glad that I'm not in school anymore. I don't miss those math classes at all.
  • Stephanie O: LOVE the new shoes!! I need some running shoes. I was clueless and had been running in cheap walking shoes (this was over a year ago) and got a VERY badly bruised toe.....I eventually cut the nail off and waited a long time for it to grow back. Running shoes are WORTH it!!

I'm busy with my two kids (4 and 6 months) and trying to keep laundry, dust, dirty dishes at bay!! I just devoured a book from the library and am craving something new so I just ordered "Twilight" from WalMart.com!!!!

I'm SO proud of all of you who are chugging away at school AND losing weight. I remember how challenging college is (and one day I'll go back). It's NOT easy but you stay focused and don't give up!!!

Edit to add: I've noticed that the whole "Don't eat after 7pm" thing REALY works for me (except I'm a total night owl so I don't eat after 10pm). I can really see a difference in my tummy (trouble spot) and I'm so excited about hitting my goal. I figure I'll get there right around my Springtime birthday!!
  • bad weekend people. Bad weekend. I could slap myself. I'm at 168 this morning, thankfully. I drank like a freakin fish all weekend, I had five beer and half a bottle of wine on saturday alone *hides face in shame*. But, my date night went great, although my date did end up with a wii induced excercise injury, he hurt his back while playing golf...LOL! But then his hot date gave him a nice massage, so I think he made out pretty well. Well, I *know* he made out pretty well, cause I made out with him. He's got wandering hands...

So, I officially hate hate hate my co-worker. A family friend died on friday and his funeral is today but she decided she's going to the funeral so I have to stay at the office. I'm not a member of the church that the funeral is being held in and she's on the church council so there really is no argument...but, I can't believe I'm going to have to miss the service and burial. There goes my closure.

Cali: Hurray for classes being over with for a few weeks! Nano away girl!

Taylor: mmmmmm, pizza...

Steph: Love the new shoes! the color is the bestest!

Remember: Geeze, after that weekend I'd need another weekend! I love The Secret Lives of Bees when I read it a few years ago.

HWGA: I am so glad you are feeling better, now, put down the spoon and step away from the rocky road! Your male co-worker friend sounds like he could be more then a friend...