We Are Family - Red Team Chat #6

You're on Page 4 of 19
Go to
  • Hey Reds!

Way to go Debbie! Losing 2 pounds is awesome!

Primm What a storm! Glad you are okay. We haven't had a good winter here in many years and a lot of people are saying we're in for this year.

Thank you for reminding us about the exercise thread, Mindy. I did 30 minutes on the tm again today.

I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner too, Cat. And like your kids, mine are already waiting for some snow days!

retiredone What songs is your choir doing? My very favorite Christmas song is "We Three Kings", but they rarely ever play all 5 verses on the radio.

ArmyWife02 and cakses A ball! How exciting. I'd love to see pictures and hear all about them.

modcat44 Yay for you! Soon you'll be in the 170's.

MonteCristo Glad you had a nice visit. I had to use a freebie this week too. I think I'm back on track now though so next week should be good.

crazy4weightloss You are doing great! Don't worry about the holidays just yet. Just keep on doing what you're doing.

Rain Dancer With all the people dropping out you are just a post or two above me on the weigh in thread and I have to say You have totally rocked this Biggest Loser. You have lost weight each and every weigh in. That is AWESOME! You should be so proud of all your hard work and all you've already accomplished. You go girl!
  • Kelleigh, we're doing our favorites from the past 12 years. We got together with all the titles and this is what we picked. Here's the list:

Christmas Memories

1. Come On, Ring Those Bells
    2. Come, Now is the Time to Worship
    3. Beautiful Star of Bethlehem (Solo)
    4. Child of Bethlehem
    5. O Holy Night (Solo-me)
    6. Glory To God
    7. We’ll Call Him Jesus
    8. Angels (Solo)
    9. Little Child in a Manger Lay
    10. Come and See with What Child Is This?
    11. Mary, Did You Know? (Solo)
    12. Silent Night, Holy Night (Solo)
    13. Light A Candle (Solo?)
    14. Beautiful Baby (Trio)
    15. Above All
    16. More Than Wonderful (Duet)
    17. Love Knows No Borders

Congregation Songs
    Joy To The World (Recessional with Congregation)
    O Little Town of Bethlehem (Congregation)
    O Come, All Ye Faithful (Congregation)
    It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (Congregation)
    Go, Tell It On The Mountain (Congregation)

It's quite a mixed bag of songs but all with a Christian Christmas connection. We practiced 8 of the songs tonight and most of them were pretty good considering we haven't done some of them in a long time. Hopefully we'll be ready by Dec. 13.

One of the girls had her little 2 year old boy with her tonight. He's so cute. He wanted the song sheets too so we gave him a copy and he sat between his grandmother and father and sang and sang. Then he got up and danced and twirled. We're a small congregation and our choir is very amateur but we love to sing. My co-director does the musical arranging and works with the harmony section. I sing loud so everyone can follow the melody.

We Three Kings is such a great carol. It really tells the story of the magi. It's an American carol you know. As you can see we won't be singing it in our concert this year but we will in church over the Christmas season and we will sing all the verses.
  • retiredone You are singing O Holy Night solo?!? WOW. That is a beautiful song.
    Beautiful Star of Bethlehem is another beautiful one. I played Mary in the play one year and during one scene I was all alone and they played the Mary, did you know song. I got very emotional. That's a powerful song, the lyrics get me everytime.

Even a small choir can make a big difference. I hope you have a wonderful service and thank you for sharing your song list. One of the stations here in NC has been playing Christmas songs all day!
  • girls.

I'll be home Saturday. I feel oddly focused now.
  • Hi Red Team,
    I see I've missed quite a bit the last couple of weeks. I'm not doing the greatest on this challenge either in the weight loss or the posting. I need to focus more on getting moving and eating better.
    You are all doing a great job!!
    I just wanted to check in and say HI! I'll try to post later, but need to get to bed now, it's going to be an early morning and long day tomorrow.

Bette K
  • Hi Girls!
    Sorry I've been MIA Things have been hectic I am to the point where I hate my job. I've been sick. My car is a money hog. etc...

Hopefully I will have some good news about the job situation here soon.

I have been getting my exercising in...except for last night. I've been doing well with the weight loss still. Slow and steady.

Hope everyone is well.
  • ???Question of the Day???

What is your worst downfall when losing weight
    and how do you overcome that obstacle?

The worst thing for me when I'm losing weight is not feeling full after eating. I was used to eating a big meal and feeling overfull most of the time. That was a "normal" feeling for me so it has been hard to eat sufficient but not have that full feeling afterwards. One way I've tried to overcome this is to eat bulkier foods with my meals like salads, apples, raw cabbage, etc. I can eat a large amount without the calories and get that full feeling.
  • Hi Ladies! I'm feeling totally sparkly today, so I thought I share the joy!! My eating has been totally OP, I've been exercising everyday, and I'm fixin' to order smaller jeans, as my 12s are starting to look positively ridiculous.

On another note, I'm thinking about changing my goal. I started out with 145 simply because the weight I'd have to lose to reach that goal was a nice "even" sounding number. But now that I'm looking at maintenance, don't think that is going to be satisfactory. I bought Thin For Life while I was visiting my sister, and it seems that most of the maintainers have around a 5lb redline that they won't cross. I know that I would not be happy with 150 as my redline, so obviously I need to drop to below that. As of right now I'm going to drop my goal to 136, and plan to have a redline of 140. 136-140 is still firmly in the middle of "normal" BMI, so I think that will be a healthy place for me. What do you think?
  • Quote:
    ???Question of the Day???

My worst downfall is mindless eating. I can't even walk through the kitchen without sticking my head the the fridge. I know that I'm not hungry, it is just an automatic response to the refridgerator. Now I've taken to straightening up the fridge whenever I find myself looking around in it. It not only gives me something to do besides eat, but it also keeps the fridge nicely organized!
  • QOTD--Well, so many to chose from! I think the worst habit I had was wanting to end my eating with a bite of something sweet. I just felt like I needed sweetness in my mouth, for some absurd reason, probably because that's how I grew up, always with "dessert". I now try to combat that with either a piece of fruit, like an apple or banana, or maybe a cup of tea with a "scant" teaspoon of sugar in it. Or a coffee or latte with skim. The good thing is, I don't always feel the craving to finish with sweet anymore--this only happens sometimes, now.

Well, had some emotional eating the past few days and trying to combat it with getting back to exercising. Last week my last day to exercise was Tuesday, then the week just went downhill from there. Finally got back on the stick on Sunday, and trying to keep it rolling now, out of this funk and stressful mindlessness. Lots going on, career and jobs, finances, wants and desires to change my direction vs. the reality of what I can actually put into place right now, my DH's wants and desires for me to do, etc. This doesn't take into account the craziness in both of our respective families right now and the phone calls about the latest crisis in both over the last few days! What is going on? When it rains, it pours.......

Monte--I know I will have to change my goal--mine is too high and I know I won't want to stay there once I get there. I just made it "realistic" and "attainable" and didn't want to depress myself too much, haha! I think your new goal will be very realistic--you are so motivated and close to your original one, I know you can do it!

Andi--I know exactly what you've been going through. Hang in there......

Jasonslea--I looove it when I am "in the zone" and feeling so strong and in control comes so easily! Enjoy the feeling and all the results!

Primm--wow! What a storm! I have to say I haven't been missing that--we would get storms like that back in the Midwest, but relatively mild out here on the West coast! Stay safe!

retiredone--I used to have that problem of "fullness" or lack thereof--now I hate it when my stomach feels too full. Sometimes that doesn't stop an emotional binge, but I think it is somewhat more of a deterrent than it once was.

Debbie--you sound so busy with your crafts! Gearing up for the holiday shopping season, hmm? And yet, an awesome 2 pounds down! WTG!

Kelleigh and Cat--I'm making Thanksgiving dinner this year on a very small scale--just for BIL and his fiance and little boy. I haven't had this duty for a couple of years now. I'm hoping to stay strong and OP during that time. I already bought a huge turkey, because I love turkey leftovers, and it is fairly healthy in and of itself....

Armywife and Cakses--I would love to see your dresses! When you get ready to go, remember to take a pic and maybe post it here so we can see?

Raindancer--sounds like you are on a roll now and feeling good! WTG!

mtiger--Thank You for reminding me and pushing me to go post on this week's exercise thread. I'm gonna go do that right now......

Well gotta go read and post some more, then off to do a short run. Swim class tonight. tata, everyone.
  • Quote:
    ???Question of the Day???

Binging. Feeding frenzies. Stupid, mindless eating for no darned good reason. I battle them. I haven't overcome them... Yet.

Thank you, Kelleigh.

Retire, your Christmas play list sounds beautiful. Many of my faves, in there. Your church will be full of the sounds of praise and Christmas that night.

Congratulations to all of our losers, this week!! Hugs for everyone who is struggling. Hang in there.

• NSVs are almost as good as losing weight. They sure give you a boost in the right direction.

NSV:I went through my closet again today and cleaned out everything that was too big (except for the dress I wore to my DS's wedding). I have 2 skirts, a jacket and 2 blouses yet to fit into and not much else left to wear that fits. I have no blouses and no dress pants. I have 2 dresses (one of which is a summer dress), a skirt, a skirt suit, 2 pair of casual pants and a pair of jeans. Fortunately, I have several sweaters and t-shirts to stretch out the wardrobe. I live in my exercise clothes most of the day and it feels dressy just to put on jeans and a sweater. DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I responded without hesitation "Clothes." I don't need much as I'm not working but I think a blouse or two and at least one good pair of pants would get me through most social events that I attend. I don't want to build up a big wardrobe of clothes in the size I'm at anyway. I still have more weight to lose. I tried on a couple of summer dresses that I wore this summer and they were hanging off me. It's hard to believe I'm 20 pounds lighter than I was this summer. I thought I was so thin then, relatively speaking but now I'm so much smaller. DH, told me I was all bones. Wish my stomach would disappear. (Or better yet, shift around to my bum which is almost non-existent.) Oh, and I also have a nightgown set that fit like a sausage skin when I bought it and now it fits just right. Just in time for Christmas visiting.

Gotta go and get into real life.
  • OMG!!

Just to show you how far down a hole I had fallen this last week--I did not EVEN know I had been TBL last week!!! I can't believe it!! WOW!

THANKS TO ALL who wished me

I am actually a little emotional right now--wow! I still can't believe I just fell off the face of the earth after such a huge personal accomplishment for me! Well, that'll teach me to not lose touch that way EVER again!

If I'd just been on here giving and getting support like I should've been, I probably wouldn't have had such a dark last few days! I probably could've felt a WHOLE lot better even with a bunch of stuff going on! AND stayed more OP with food and exercise!

I feel like I've let myself down, and all of you guys as well. I almost feel like I don't deserve the win, (but I'll take it!)

That's the most awesome news I've heard in a long time!!!! Now I am REALLY motivated to go out for a short run! This week will be so much better for me, I can feel it already!

everyone!!!!!
  • Hi Teamies!

Took a freebie this week bc I suck, but I have started exercising again. I do better with it in the winter, go figure.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!!!!!!

• Welcome Back modcat. Now quit disappearing on us!!!