Is that my tailbone????

• Ok, something odd here. Lately when I've been sitting in my hardwood rocker, or a matching dining room chair, I am uncomfortable, that is, I have this hard bump...which, I am assuming is my tailbone?? Could it be that all these years of being overweight had cushioned it, and I couldn't feel it?? Sorry if this post is a bit unusual, I'm just a little miffed. And, it is REALLY uncomfortable. I just wanted to check if this could be the case, before I run to doc and amuse him once again as I try to explain this rock in my bum.
  • Oh, yes, the problems arising with chair comfort when one loses weight.

It's probably your tailbone. And yes, it has less cushioning than it did before, and you're likely to feel it now more than you would have when you were heavier.

Wooden chair backs get less comfortable too.
  • Haha, it's one of those inconveniences you can be happy about! Your skinny butt will also hurt any PERSON whose lap you try sitting on! Congrats
  • Thanks so much!
  • Yeah, I think that's your tailbone!

My poor husband is 5'11" and maybe 145-150 lbs. His doctor keeps telling him to gain 20 lbs for the same reason. He knocks his tailbone around. He also can pop his hipbones just from laying in bed!

Tis true about the wooden chairs. But think about it this way, with a itty bitty bum, you can fit more pillows down in there!
  • Congrats on your boney a$$!!!
  • Quote: Congrats on your boney a$$!!!
    LOL. What AngelMae said.
  • I"ve noticed this a bit too. It's almost like after a couple hrs of sitting I just have to get up to strech and walk around bc there feels like there is that "rock" in there.
  • Oh, yeah! I was thinking of this yesterday in the bath. I was SO excited when the water finally covered me all up months ago (I was that big, the tub that small - my belly would poke out of the water and get cold) and now I'm whining to myself about my tailbone hurting in the tub. Funny. I'll take the tailbone pain any day.

Yeah on your bony butt!
  • Had to laugh about the tub. Although my belly still sticks out, it's slowwwly sinking below the surface
  • Oh gosh, yeah, it's probably your tailbone and boy do I have the same problem. I had no butt to begin with, but I REALLY don't now. It's even uncomfortable for me to sit in some cushioned seats, like in DBF's truck. He's continually poking fun at my "prominent tailbone"... but he weighs like 131 lbs so he's got the same problem.
  • this never crossed my mind - but it explains why doing certain I cant do sitting yoga poses without a mat. hmm
  • Quote: Congrats on your boney a$$!!!