Hey!

• I guess I'll start with the basics. I'm 18 years old, 5'8 standing tall, and 314 lbs.
    I've been over weight my entire life. On and off diets as a kid and teen, which were more destructive than productive since my family came about it all wrong.
    Recently, I've finally decided to really put my mind to doing something about it.
    Like anybody else, even if they don't care to admit it, I need support. This forum looks like a good place to start! My goal weight (for now) is 250 lbs.

I guess that's enough for my introduction
  • Hey Ace I just started myself and am pretty close to your weight. Can't wait to see how things go for you!

• Awesome! I hope it works out for the both of us! It's a race to the finish!(only there's no loser here!) I'm so happy to not be alone in this! My goal weight over all is 200, but I'm starting with 250 hoping that when I get there, and see that I can accomplish what I want, it will be super motivation to get to my long term goal!
  • You are absolutely gorgeous now. Please keep us informed of your weight loss by pictures and blogs. Thanks!
  • I definitely will. Tomorrow when I get the chance, I'll take some current full body pictures for a start I've never been good at keeping blogs or anything, but I guess I could always start now!
  • Welcome!!!
  • Beautiful Ace!

We sound like we have some things in common. I've been overweight most of my life, too. And despite all of the "diets" I've been on, for some strange reason (haha), I just kept gaining weight. And like you, I'm ready to do this right, a healthy way that can be maintained for life. We can do it!!
  • Hi!! welcome to the board!
  • !

I'm a 19 myself, and I wish you all the luck in the world!
  • Quote: Beautiful Ace!

We sound like we have some things in common. I've been overweight most of my life, too. And despite all of the "diets" I've been on, for some strange reason (haha), I just kept gaining weight. And like you, I'm ready to do this right, a healthy way that can be maintained for life. We can do it!!

ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS I AM!!!! WOOOO ahaah we can do this
  • Hi Beautiful Face
    Glad you found us! I've been here almost 2 weeks and i find that checking in daily with the site and my blog really keeps me on track.
    Good luck!
  • Quote: Hi Beautiful Face
    Glad you found us! I've been here almost 2 weeks and i find that checking in daily with the site and my blog really keeps me on track.
    Good luck!
    I'm glad I found you guys too... I was up till dawn reading posts and successes and everything, some brought me to tears. I want this so bad
  • Quote: I'm glad I found you guys too... I was up till dawn reading posts and successes and everything, some brought me to tears. I want this so bad
    I've been doing the same thing! This is the busiest week I've ever had in school, and yet I cannot seem to keep away from all of the encouraging posts I've read. And I've already picked out some of the success stories of people with similar histories/starting stories as mine, and I will keep going back to those when I start doubting myself or losing motivation. I can't keep away from here, and that is a good thing, because it keeps the goal of getting healthy at the forefront of my mind!