looking for a special diet please help

• Hello to you all. Wishing you all great success to where you want to be. So to start my name is Nancy I live in NJ with my wonderful guy Mike. We have two cats Nala and dashboard92, I know your sitting there saying what kind of name is that. lmao. Believe me its a great story to tell but I wont get into it now its kinds of a long story. But I will say I found him in the truck lanes on the NJTP. Now he's safe. Ok we have all together 7 children and 3 grandchildren. We both work on the NJTP. Myself, I was moved around alot in my young years. and of which I had live in Calif when I was 17. My mom and I went on this diet ( The Mayo Clinic Diet ) and it was the only diet that had ever work but we had moved more times then I can remember after that so we lost it. So Im trying to find this diet so that my friend and I can go on it. I told her that this just might work for her but she would have to see her doc about it or keep a eye on her while shes on it she is over 350 and she would like to drop around 125 before her health is bad and me Id like to drop about 25. PLEASE HELP US, Nancy
  • Nancy - the Mayo Clinic Diet can be found anywhere on the web just by Googling it.

However, keep in mind that this diet was designed for people who needed to lose weight quickly in order to be treated for a medical condition or to have surgery. It's not meant to be a long term, sustainable way of eating or to lose a lot of weight.

It would probably work for your 25lbs, but your friend should really look into a more long-term way of life.
  • http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/may...c-diet/WT00016

Think thats what your looking for.
  • Well.

There are two "Mayo Clinic" plans. One is the healthy, balanced plan linked by Raw23 above. The other is NOT actually affiliated with or endorsed by the Mayo Clinic, and is generally an unbalanced "fad" type diet. It says it relies on "Combinations of foods" such as bacon and grapefruit to "jumpstart" the burning process.

If I had to pick, I'd go on the -real- Mayo Clinic Healthy eating plan. Much more sustainable, that one.
  • Ah ... thanks for the heads up Manda. I'm more familiar with the fad version which my MIL keeps trying over and over and over again.

• Looking over the real one, it looks quite good. You (op) might want to check it out. They have a good looking food pyramid.
  • Hi Photochick, thanks so much for an answer so fast. I know this isnt the best diet for your health. my mom was telling me YEARS ago that its not one to keep going on n off . like I know this one works well it did when I was 17 Im now 47 so that was the last time I was on it. The diet was for 2wks for 20lbs and it DID work I. I was 117-120 until I got preg with my first. after having my last I was 135 now its just out of controll. 5yrs ago I was trying this and that things on my own but all fail I was always tried felt badly dizzy. So Yes I did google but it wasnt the right one. this one is like First day breakfast lunch and dinner was just eggs coffee or tea, 2nd day was eggs eggs dry toast whatever cause I dont remember but it had in it ( lots of eggs, dry toast,dry tuna, tom,cucc,lett,olives,steak, lamb chops, spin and maybe some other stuff I know it when and if I ever see it. I also think that if dee does this for the 2 wks this well give more insentive to watch what she eats and then go on a good diet SO again thanks so much Nancy Oh have a great weekend
  • Hi there. Thanks for telling me, but Im sure its the bad one. Yes it was a fad diet. My mom had gotten it from a friend at work. My mom was a nurse back then and now retired in Fla. doing well and she does diet any longer she looks great and that what I want. I get sad alot of the times because of the lbs, but in all Im a happy go lucky kind of person , people dont c me upset thats my rule. Well, wish u a great weekend and thanks again, Nancy