Starting today!! Question about bars...

• Hello! I am starting weight watchers at home today, and looking forward to getting to know all of you through the course of what I'm hoping will be a wonderful journey.

My question is regarding cereal/nutrition bars. What, in your opinion, is the healthiest bar I can get at the grocery store? In the past, I have eaten fiber one bars, but they wreak havoc on my digestive system. I have also been a fan of south beach cereal bars, but they do not seem to be that filling. I am looking for your recommendations as to bars that not only taste good, but are filling and made from healthy ingredients. Any recs?

Thanks so much!!
  • Hi Mary I'm not currently on Weight Watchers, but did it before. It really is a great program. I personally also love the South Beach bars, as well as Luna bars. The Peanut Butter SB bars always made me feel full.

Another thing that really makes me feel full is eating a piece of whole wheat bread. Good luck on your journey!

• I tend to like the fiber one bars and yes the frist few times I ate them I was a little 'messed' up but my body adjusted and I do fine. Also wal-mart has there own brand of fiber one called benefit that are not so upsetting to the digestive track
  • I love Kashi, so I'd recommend their bars. I really enjoy the crunchy brand. They keep me full and are great for a snack.

I also love luna bars and their packed with tons of good stuff.

And yesterday I tried a SB meal replacement bar since I forgot to pack myself lunch for work and it kept me full for about 5 hours until dinner!
  • I love the Fiber 1 bars, but suggest that you eat them at night, they can give you gas. But they have 9g of fiber in just one bar. They're 2 points except for the pb ones that are 3. I also like the chocolate raspberry South Beach bars, it's like eating a candy bar to me. But they're pretty expensive.
  • Fiber one are my favorite, and Kashi bars are good too!!
  • lemon luna bars are soooo good.
  • OH MY big mistake, I was short on points yesterday......
    I had a wal-mart brand fiber one bar with my lunch and after dinner my sweet tooth was after me so I ate TWO MORE actual fiber one bars at bed time.

Oh my oh my I did not even want to be around me LOL
  • Hahaha...oops!!