*** Weekly Chat Nov 3 - Nov 9 ***

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Hi guys Not much going on here! Had a huge party last weekend, ate and drank lots.. and now I've been trying to get back on track. Had panda express and fish food ice cream last nite :x Its been a week! So now its going to go in the trash. Back to cooking for me. Anyone recommend a fast meal that only takes a couple of ingredients?

I'm kind of bothered by everyone getting on my case about eating healtier. I'm tired of fast food getting pushed in my face (thanks roomates!)

On a side note.. I'm thinking about leaving my job. I think its effected me to the point where my overall happiness is compromised.. Its a good job tho and the money is great. But, I'm not sure when I would be able to land another job like it if I leave. Part of my reasoning is that.. since I'm still new here to the area and am trying to meet people... Work has been hindering that. I'm pretty much up by 4:00am, start work at 6am and I get home by 6pm or 7pm from work.. By that point, I'm exhausted and starving (almost no breaks at work). I'm lucky if I can squeeze in a work out.

If anyone has some advice please let me know :x I pretty much can't do anything on the weekdays because of work.. (plus no overtime pay!)

Its good to be back and to have my mind in the right frame of reference again. I was worried I was going to quit trying to lose the weight I re-gained..... and noticed I was slipping back into my old habits from years and years ago. I need to stop that now!

Good luck over the weekend girls!
  • The concert was FANTASTIC!!!! My voice is killing me right now because my friend and I screamed a lot LOL I really felt like I was being shipped back to when I was 10 years old. Natasha Bedingfield was also the opening act, so it was great to like both acts. Overall, it was just a great night!!! We got home wicked late, since the concert was a little over an hour away. I got back to my house around 1am and had to get up for work only four hours later.

I took a nap when I got home from work/the gym. Even though I was exhausted, I knew that I had to force myself to the gym. LOL But I made it and came home, showered, and fell asleep for close to two hours. I was so confused when my phone started buzzing and I thought it was 6am, not 6pm! haha
  • I got my hair cut!! yayyyy!!!
    DH says it makes me look younger

some before and after pics (the after pics were *just* taken using my stupid webcam so they're probably not that great)

ps: It's a diet cherry limeade. I haven't had any soda for like a week so I decided it was okay

• Leigh - Your hair is TOO CUTE! I love it!

I will be back to do more personals tomorrow, but I am going to SLEEP after a long week! Happy weekend everyone!
  • Hello ladies! Just thought I'd pop in to announce the results of my weigh-in today!! I already celebrated in the daily weigh-in thread, but since it's been like the only thing I've been able to talk about all week, I figured I might as well announce it here, too! Today I officially weighed in at 203.6 lbs, which is 4 lbs down from my previously lowest weight, and 6.2 lbs down from the last time I had weighed myself, on the Saturday morning that came after my super stressful week + Friday night Halloween indulgences! Needless to say, I am incredibly psyched about this news! I'm 1 lb (well actually, 0.4 lbs) away from a 60-lb loss, and just 5 lbs away from ONEDERLAND. Man, I am so excited for that. Thank you sooo much to all of you for your continual support and encouragement. It really means the world to me... Don't wanna get all mushy on you, but man, finding this website was probably the best thing that has ever happened to my health. Ever!

Taylor86 - I am very impressed with you for staying OP at rehearsal. Yeah, what IS it about theater people and food? In almost every show I've been in, if the director gives a 5-minute break, that instantly becomes "everyone-go-to-the-vending-machines-to-buy-chips/candy-and-soda" time. I haven't been in another show since starting my WL (much to my sadness, though I'm reeeeally hoping to get cast in Urinetown this Winter!! ) but I imagine that it must be really hard to resist all that temptation. Then of course people bring food for the cast to chow down on during performances, and then you have the great delicacies that are offered at cast parties... Yeesh! You should be very proud of yourself, lol!

HeatherMcG - OMG Popppp Taaaarts.... MMMM. Lol, I've been inexplicably craving Pop Tarts for the longest time now! But I haven't allowed myself to have them--I'll get really close to buying them, and then look at the nutritional facts and go "210 calories for this itty-bitty thing? Noooo! " Hehe! But yes yes yes, I can absolutely see why you'd opt for a Pop Tart over the big piles of grease (i.e. I'm not criticizing you, cuz you already said that you know how bad they are). Kudos to you for looking for a healthier choice! Hah. And yes, the S'more flavor is pretty much the best kind, though I'm also a sucker for Strawberry, Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip, umm, etc etc (I really need to stop before I run off and buy a box, LOL).

Here we go again - Congrats on the loss!! You GO, girl! I've been a bit MIA this week, too--I wasn't weighing myself, so I didn't feel like I had anything very interesting to contribute, LOL (jk). But it sounds like you had a veeery busy week, so I certainly hope you got through it! I know I mentioned this on the thread you started about "energy" snacks, but it never hurts to say it again: get some sleep, woman! If you have the time to get in a few extra hours this weekend, I'd highly recommend it! Hehe. But I always admire how the women on here are able to juggle so many things AND make such healthy choices, too. Our lives are hard enough without all the workout out and counting calories and so on! Hehe.

Stephanie Osborne - *Halo granted*! WOW, sounds like you did very well for yourself! Great job!! I am very impressed and a little jealous, hehe! And I'm with you for the OP weekend--I've had maybe one good OP weekend since starting school; every other time I've let myself eat just a little too much/too unhealthily. I don't usually feel too guilty about it, since I generally plan on the weekends being more relaxed, but it's always a bit of a bummer come Sunday morning when I see the effects of Friday/Saturday's debauchery. I've been very good tonight, though, so I'm hoping that will make up for the alcohol I'll (probably) be consuming at the party tomorrow night! So I won't be 110% perfect, but it's certainly an improvement! Hehe. Oh, and have fun/good luck getting wedding'd out!! Hehe. I'm sure the albums will turn out beautifully.

Bekko - Mmmm, ice cream... Lol. But, good for you for throwing it out and getting back on track! As far as fast meals, I almost never cook for myself but two "easy" things that instantly come to mind are canned soup (the low-sodium kind with lots of veggies, of course!) or salad... All you really need is lettuce and dressing; everything else depends on your resources and creativity LOL! Or of course pasta is really simple, if you can get some that's whole-wheat or otherwise not as unhealthy. Umm, yeah, I dunno, clearly I'm not the best person to ask, but I tried! Haha. I also wish that I could give you some advice about the job situation, but I know next-to-nothing about that (yep, being 19 and working part-time at the school library = total workforce n00b, hehe). But I'm really sorry to hear that your work is making you so miserable... My first instinct is that if you really hate it that much - to the point where you think it's affecting your overall happiness! - it's probably a good idea to make a change. Just my $0.02.

Chele615 - Sooo jealous that you got to go to their concert! Hehe! Nothing like screaming your lungs out at a darn good concert--I feel like it's been forever since I've been to one; waaah, it's not faaair! And I love Natasha Bedingfield, too! And WOW, look at you, getting up after sleeping for only four hours?! That's gotta take some enormous strength, haha, I'm impressed that you managed to make it through the day at ALL, let alone make yourself work out. Good going!

Leighish - AAH, I love the hair!! I always love how you can tell when someone's just come from the hairdresser; their hair always has that "just cut/styled" sheen, hehe. You're positively glowing in those pictures and you look so pretty! I hope you really relished every second of that reward, because you definitely earned the right to get pampered for a little bit! And I agree, it does make you look a lot younger! I don't know if you'd consider that to be a good thing or a bad thing, heh, but since you are young, I think it's good! What a hot mama! LOL. Ps. I'm just assuming that that's your son in the first picture, and if it is, he's adorable! And he looks so much like you! (Now if it's not your son, I'm going to sound like an idiot, ha!)

Whew! That was fun! Hehe.
  • It is my son! he's 9 1/2 months old!
  • Sooooo.......... Where are you girls?
  • i am here! And down a kilo and a bit this week i feel in control ^_^