Lunch:
    2 scrambled eggs made w/1/2 tsp butter
    coffee w/light cream
    8 ounces water
    Dinner:
    ordered pizza for easy family Halloween dinner
    ate the cheese off of 2 slices
    8 ounces of water

Planning on some decaf tea in the next hour.

I am so proud that I haven't touched ANY of the candy around here. What a change from last year!

Keri
  • Okay, making an assumption that the cheese off the pizza was another couple of ounces. Is Atkins really about eating nothing all day? I total what you wrote here as under 700 calories. I'm hoping that someone more familiar with the program will step in.
  • Oh that is not good for you! You need protein! You need to be eating more! Its just a matter of learning what you can eat-- have you got the book?
  • Oh yes. I have the book.
    Today was crazy with Halloween. I am a class mom and was out early today at the store buying things for the class party. I wasn't too hungry this morning. By noon I was hungry and had the eggs and coffee. I then scooted to the school for the rest of the afternoon. I wasn't hungry at all while there. By 4:30 I was hungry and picked up the pizza for the kids before they went trick or treating. The cheese fit easily into my day.
    I guess today's choices were made around convenience. I usually have some low salt ham or turkey with the cheese for breakfast and a salad in the evening. I did make some homemade chicken soup earlier in the week for dinner as well. I will be adding more variety now that induction is over.
    It does sound like low a low calorie day though. But I wasn't overly hungry all day. For me, induction has been an overall appetite suppressant.

Keri > sipping decaf tea with splenda
  • Atkins Induction is 20 carbs per day of only foods on the acceptable foods list...12-15 of those carbs should be coming from veggies & salad. Thats per Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution