Brown bag ideas for P1

• I am going on a field trip with my son's class and I will have to pack a lunch that will be OK with the small ice pack I can fit into my lunch box and doesn't need to be heated. And did I mention ~ Phase 1 friendly. Wondering if anyone has any ideas to share.

I actually haven't started P1 yet but would like to get to the store tomorrow and begin on Friday. The field trip is 11 days from now and I am already wondering how I would handle it.

Thanks for any help you can give.
  • String cheese, almonds or nut butter, celery, boiled egg, sliced turkey or chicken roll-ups, pepper strips, cauliflower or broccoli with SB approved dressing.
  • the meat roll ups work really well. You can also use frozen pre-cooked shrimp and make a salad. The shrimp, as they defrost, work as the ice pack. Cut up veggies & hummus or peanut butter work well.
  • How long is the field trip, I would bring along snack packs(you can make yourself for portion control) of nuts, veggies, string cheese, lettuce, meat and cheese with mustard packets to make lettuce roll ups...
    I myself will sometimes just grab a can of beans if I am in a huge rush and just eat them out of the can cold with a spoon some people may not be able to stomach that though? you could make some kind of cold soup or I like to make asian "noodles" and eat them cold- I put zuchinni that has been juliened and sautee it till limp- put with some sesame oil/seeds, tamari and sriracha(hot pepper sauce) Soooo good- I actually prefer it cold!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84859

Here is what I found in thf FAQ section
  • Great suggestions, Beachies! BackonTrack, it's a wonderful strategy for success to prepare ahead for things that might trip you up. Good for you!

Love the zucchini idea, Rikki, and thanks so much for thinking to search the FAQ! We have such great information already here in the forums that it's a shame to waste it.

I second all the great ideas, BoT! Some other things you might do are:
    • Spread sections of celery with Laughing Cow cheese
    • make homemade salads, like coleslaw, 3 bean salad, or the broccoli cheddar (with turkey bacon) one
    • include a SF Jell-O cup for dessert so you don't feel left out
    • bring cherry or grape tomatoes--they make a great snack!

Good luck with P1 and with your field trip, BoT!