Who else checks winter pockets?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Many years ago, a friend found a $20 bill in the pocket of her winter coat when she got it out in the fall. I don't think I've ever found anything useful (didn't just now either) but I still check. Do you?
  • I never remember to check on purpose. But I'm a hand in the pocket kinda person, so if it's there I'll find it. Once in a while it's something good. Sometimes it's gross
  • Quote: Once in a while it's something good. Sometimes it's gross
    When I check the kids pockets before doing laundry, it's always gross.
  • I just checked my winter coat pockets yesterday, and found an old Kleenix (YUCK), a lighter, and a dime...
  • I have found $$ in jackets and pants pockets before.

I look at it as my winter bonus! *grin*

• I have a friend who texted me the other day and said "I just found $100 in my coat pocket!" Lucky. I wish that would happen to me! But no, I don't check them until I put them on.
  • I will often find money in pockets. Of course, I treat it as "found money" but I also leave it there sorta on purpose
    happy surprises are good
  • I always do. And I too found a $20 bill once. A $5 another time, some change, peppermints and kleenex, lol.
  • I find money in our winter coats all the time- my kids ski race so often we just put money in our coat pockets instead of carrying a purse or wallet. Never $100- but definitely 20's. I always check the pockets before I give our old coats away!
  • I do when I take them out and wash them to be worn for the new season. Matter of fact I need to get my winter coats out and freshen them up.
    Lets see, I have found change, a 10-spot, a few singles folded up in a bunch... the usuall old kleenex or old hard candy. Yes, money is a treat. : )
  • I sometimes find a couple of ones, a five maybe. Once I found a Visa gift card I had forgotten I had, and when I was in high school I found a ring that I thought I had lost.

Now, I find candy wrappers, straw paper, balls of cat hair, melted candies, stuff I took away from my stepson... Those are the most common.
  • I found $20 in a pair of shorts the other day. When I do find money that I didn't know was missing, it makes me wonder if I borrowed it from anyone, or if it was money from the grocery shopping box...
  • I found my gloves today..
  • Yup - I usually find money in coat pockets, and lip balm, and tissues, and occasionally jewelry.
  • I normally find lint. sad.