To the around 130 pounders out there.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What pant size do you wear and how tall are you? I think I'm have an odd waist, and I want a comparison.
  • uhh... ok I gained some weight back and am about 140 right now, but when I was 130 I wore a 4 or 6. and I'm 5' 4"
  • Well...
    A 6, but I have to have them tailored or wear a belt. I've got a prominent derriere as opposed to actual hip width (think Kim Kardashian) so I can wiggle into smaller sizes so long as it has a little stretch. I have a few pencil skirts and some skinny jeans in 4's.

Waist (where the pinch is under my ribs) is right at 26", my hips are almost 38".

**Oh, and i'm 5'8" and 136.4 as of the scale two seconds ago. I was 139 two hours ago. *expansive eye roll*
  • I'm 5'7 annnnd... a size 7

The smallest part of my waist is 28, and the largest part is 36. My hips are 36.5

I think I have an unusually large stomach compared to the rest of my body. :[
  • See.... I"m 5foot 4 and I wear a size 8/9

I feel like it's so big for my weight. Agh.
  • I'm 5'4", 135lbs, 20%bf , my waist is 29 inches, my hips 38 and I wear a size 4-6

I'm "stocky". Fuh. Lucky me.

I think pant size is irrelevant though. It varies SO much in brand/designer and even country!
  • im 124lbs and i wear a uk 10 at the moment....
    tho they now come on and off without being undone....
    so almost a uk 8, which i think is a US 6?....
  • im 5'1" and weigh 128. I just managed to squeeze into a UK 10 yesterday, so a US 8. I carry all my weight round my middle though so trousers are always weird fitting, they'll fit my legs and bum but not my tummy
    x
  • Hmm...
    Quote: See.... I"m 5foot 4 and I wear a size 8/9

I feel like it's so big for my weight. Agh.
    Well just from looking at your pics posted over the months, you look as though you're pear shaped (very slender on top, but hippy and a little fuller on the bottom) which wouldn't be unusual for that body type at all.

An 8 is still quite slender and by no means heavy at 5'4". Is that what has been frustrating you so much!? You might just have to have a return-to-logic moment and chalk it up to genetics like I did. Your hips were made for babies, and my big, giant psuedo-amazonian self was *never* meant to be a ballerina.
  • i'm now 141 and i wear a size 10 .. i have an odd waist too , pants seem to fit good at the butt area (i have a huge butt) and they are always too big at the waist.
  • yeah, pear shaped would make sense. I could never figure it out.... but now that you say it that sounds right.

stupid hips. Oh well - I watch kids and they do make it much easier to hold them!
  • I'm 5'3" and 127.4 lbs. I wear a size 4-6 depending on the cut.
  • 5'4" and I wear a size 4 (in pants only, I'm top-heavy) but sometimes due to vanity sizing I get away with a size 2.
  • i'm 5'7 and ~124 lbs. I wear size 6-8 US. I have a big hip
  • I'm about 143 now but wear the same size as when I was 135. I'm 5'9 and wear a size 6 (28"waist, 36" length). I have very thin legs compared to my waist though... so I have an odd body too.

You pear shaped girls are lucky!!! Lucky, womanly biaches!