Too fat to run, huh?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Way to go! I just started c25k. I've finished w1 but I will repeat days 3-4 today and Friday, just so my run day have only one day in between them. What a great story. I love inspiring our youngsters!
  • Way to go, Primm!
  • Oh, that's a butt kicking story! You so totally rock!
  • Aw, thanks guys! :sniff:

Funny thing is, before I started running I wasn't that type of person. I'm a bit of a doormat as a rule, and spent a long time in an abusive relationship because I thought that's what I deserved.

Now I'm married to a man who thinks I am a supermodel and a princess, and treats me like that every day of the week. 5 years after we first went out, and he still opens the door for me. Every. Single. Time. Even when no-one is looking!

I stood up to one of the doctors at work who was doing something I didn't agree with last week as well. A senior guy, who until now I have been intimidated by and just whinged about what he did behind his back. He treats his nurses like crap, and disagreed with me the other day just for the sake of disagreeing. (I was right, by the way). So I told him I was right, and told him he was wrong. A month ago I didn't do stuff like that.

Don't know if it's the running. Don't know if it's the weight loss (9.4kg to date - best part of 21 pounds). Don't know if I've just reached a "stage" in my life, where I'm nearly 40, and I'm just turning into a cantankerous old broad (I hope so!) But I'm definitely a different person than I was a little while ago.

Thanks again for all your comments. You guys are the best!
  • Good for you for giving this young man a life lesson he probably will never forget, and doing it with style!!
  • I have a big smile on my face!! Great story. you so totaly rock!
  • You Are Awesome and an Inspiration To Us All!

Way To Go!
  • Way to go! That is great!!
  • Best. Story. Ever.

Way to go, Primm!