Unitarian Universalist

• Hi Everyone!

I'm just discovering UU, and wondered if there was anyone else out there is 3FC-land that is too?

In fact, I first discovered it through an indirect link on a random forum somehwere - so I know there's at least one :P

Looking forward to speaking with you,

Kylie
  • anyone?
  • I don't attend there but I do take Tai Chi classes at one. It's a pretty neat concept. I think it does alot for being able to share beliefs with each other as well.
  • Hey 4star!

Yeah - I really like being able to learn about different religions. We have secular services as well - there was a great one about the elderly the other week, and how they are still an important part of the community.

Thanks for dropping by!
  • I am just an old country gal, Elerine, what is Unitarian Universalist? Sounds interesting.
  • Quote: Hey 4star!

Yeah - I really like being able to learn about different religions. We have secular services as well - there was a great one about the elderly the other week, and how they are still an important part of the community.

Thanks for dropping by!
    No problem. It's a pretty neat concept. What's amazing is how different religions can be and how similar as well.

The church is trying do good a lot of good in the community. The tai chi I take is a non profit organization and they donate the space were I take classes. It's funny you have the Fair Trade avatar b/c at my last class there was a bunch of literature and posters up about fair trade and the benefits.
  • You know that is interesting, I go to the Church Of Christ but I also go to the Baptist, love them both! I would like to know more about different churches, that is really neat! One I would really like to know more about is the Cowboy Church ; anyone know anything about that Church?
  • Had to do a search for this, and is it ever old..! Was wondering of we could have a group of all faiths and non-faiths. I've considered going to a Unitarian congregation in my area, but have yet to. I'm agnostic-atheist, but have an eclectic set of ideas I draw from. Still looking for what I "believe in" that lifts me up, spiritual or not. Would like to meet like-minded folk, if possible...!
  • I consider myself UU although I don't go regularly (I get a weird "vibe" from my local meeting). Actually, I'm really more Pagan-UU and I'm glad UU is so open to that posibility. I grew up LDS and there was no wiggle room there!

There are a lot of great UU podcasts out there and I find listening to them is a good alternative to visiting a congregation.
  • I've been struggling with issues of faith for a few years. There's a UU in the next town and I've wanted to attend but haven't had the opportunity yet. Their belief system makes sense to me, and they are so accepting of such a diverse group, and do a great job of creating a safe community for people from all walks of life.

I love listening to A Prairie Home Companion on NPR and there are a lot of references to "issues" between Lutherans and Unitarians. It's really funny!
  • Yes, UU here.

www.uua.org for the ones who wanted to know more about it.

A.
  • I'm UU! I went to Universalist Unitarian of Joliet in Illinois and I occasionally go to First Unitarian in Minneapolis. I haven't been in a long time I think I last went to a winter solstice ceremony
  • I'm thinking about going to a UU congregation the first time this Sunday... I don't really know what to expect. I feel kind of weird going to be honest, but I can't say much until I've checked it out.