Polar F11

• ...is the HRM I have.

Just wanted to ask anyone else that has this model - or in general, anyone who has a HRM that claims to be '50m water resistant' - if they have gone swimming with it on?

I know the booklet says its 50m waterproof, but I wanted to know what people's first hand experiences have been.
  • I have a Polar F11 and have worn it swimming. I am really not sure how accurate it was. It showed a really fast acceleration of my heart rate. ie moving lightly through the water brought me into moderate hr zone when I barely felt like I was working out. It has worked fine after so no issue there that it is definitely waterproof.
  • I also have a Polar F11 and I've worn it many times in the pool. Swimming does not raise my heart rate as much as walking fast does. Well, it does if I really push it in the pool, but I can't do that for the same period of time in the water. Oh, and not that I'd suggest it, but I forgot to take the encoder piece off the strap and it's gone through a cold water wash once.
  • I wear my Polar ft40 in the pool and the heart rate seems pretty accurate.
  • Alrighty, thanks for the replies guys - I feel less hesitant to wear mine in the pool now.

I'm really curious too see how much I burn when swimming since it leaves me tired like there's no tommorow and makes me hungry, where other cardio rarely does.